Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Purge Treasures

Hello my crafty and creative friends!

My studio purge continues...
in preparation for the HUGE crafting Garage Sale
that I am hosting here at our home in September.
(Myself and 12 of scrapping and card making friends will come together
to sell our crafty goodies at a mega Crafting Garage Sale)

In the process of going through the contents of my studio..
I've come across a few things that I'd forgotten about.

A few days ago..I found some bits and pieces that were leftover
from a wedding card project that I did last Fall.

So...I decided to take the prepared pieces...
and create a card.

As it turns out...I had just enough painted and cut pieces to create just one card.
Everything as cut..stamped...heat embossed and painted...
I just needed to cut a few matting layers...
and put the card together 

 This beautiful image is from the HAUTE WEDDING DRESS stamp set
by The Ton Stamps.
I added stamped the image with Versamark Ink...then heat embossed it with gold EP.
To add lots of shimmering color to the image
I painted the image and background with Twinkling H2Os and
 Kuretake Gansai Tambi Pearl paint. 

I created a background print with the large bloom stamps
in The Ton's Loose Peonies stamp set.
I painted the background with Twinkling H2Os.
Next I cut the mat layers...using Metallic card stock.
I positioned the matted image piece with self adhesive fun foam

This is the finished card...
Looking exactly like the wedding cards that I created last Fall!

Purging the contents of my studio in preparation for the Garage Sale
 hasn't really felt like a chore.
I've been enjoying going through everything...doing a bit of reorganization...
feeling inspired for what I will create after the garage sale is over...
and...
Enjoying the occasional surprises
(like the parts and pieces for this wedding card)
that I've "unearthed" during the the purge!

I wonder what surprise I might find today!

Have a great day, my friends..
Thanks for visiting today!
Michelle.

14 comments:

  1. Your wedding card is so gorgeous and elegant looking. I love the gold and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!!!
    I love it.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning! Wish I lived close to you - I'd be purging with your and your friends, and probably buying all your stuff :) Thanks for sharing - good luck with your sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michell,what a Gorgeous card love the gilts, and papers , you made one kind of like this before ! 🎈🐢🐒🐢

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful card Michelle! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow how lovely. Hope the purge is nearly finished and you feel cleansed and revitalised 😉😊.
    I'm moving my crafroom and we are decorating ready for the cupboards to go up. When I boxes up my craft stash to keep it clean while we decorate I too found lovely things I'd forgotten about and I can't wait to create something now, but I'll have to wait till the paint is all cleared away.
    Hace fun at the garage sale x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda!
      How exciting about your new space!
      Have fun settling in...and creating in your fresh new creative space!

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful card! Did you stamp the bride on white paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Laura....I stamped the bride onto water color card stock (Spectrum AQUA) with Versamark...then heat embossed with Gold EP
      The entire piece...bride and background...are water colored with Twinkling H2Os

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!