Friday, August 17, 2018

Catherine Scanlon Designs: Flower Teacup

Hello my crafty and creative friends!

I'm glad that you're visiting today....and joining me for a cup of green tea!

After many years (aka...decades) of card making...
I have some to the realization that 
although I am always happy to find a new stamp designer or company...
I have carefully cultivated a genuine passion for a few designers and companies in particular.
You know...
The stamps and images that shout out to you...
and bring on a flood of creative ideas for a card...
the minute you lay eyes on the image.

My list of designers and companies that make my heart skip a beat 
IS...in my card making world... etched in stone.
Yes...I am always happy to peruse and keep up on who and what "is out there"...
and I love making new inspiring additions to my stamp collection...
BUT....only a few hold an esteemed and carefully assigned spot on "my list"

Artist and designer Catherine Scanlon 
is way way way at the tippy - top of my stamp love list.
So while doing my studio purge...getting ready for the big crazy huge garage sale...
I took a break from the urging chaos...
got out a Catherine Scanlon Designs stamp that I hadn't inked up yet...
and...I treated myself to some good-for-the-soul creative time!

I created a short stack of of green tea (not coffee!) card s with Catherine Scanlon's
beautiful  FLOWER TEACUP stamp.

All of the cards were created with the same sketch, color palette 
matting and print.
I colored each image with Copic Alcohol Markers...
I chose an assortment of sentiments that I stamped and matted...
and I finished each card by brushing a little bit of Clear Wink of Stella
over the beautiful blooms.

and..
This is what I wound up with...
a few Birthday cards....a Get Well card
and a Just for You card.

As I always say....
I never seem to have enough Birthday cards in m stash...
so, whenever I create a stack of cards...I try to always make a few Birthday cards.

I Love Catherine Scanlon's floral designs.
Her style is SO me...right up my card making alley!
My favorite way to add color to them is to water color the images.
But as you can see...
Alcohol marker coloring is another terrific possibility for adding color 
to these gorgeous images.

Get Well cards are also something that I am always needing to replenish 
in my card stash...
So I created a get Well card.
I really enjoyed going through my print paper ...
browsing...until I felt that I had come across the ideal print.
I love the color of this print because it pulled the tea cup color and the leafy colors together nicely.
It also allowed the colors of the flowers to pop, I think.
and....it has a little bit of sparkly shimmer to it, here and there in the print.

It's always good to have a few generic cards in a card stash...
so the 4th card that I created was a Just for You card.

Here's a close up of the shimmery blooms on each teacup.
Clear Wink of Stella is perfect for adding a little bit of pizazz to an image!

It felt GREAT to take a break from the garage sale studio purging
to create this stack of cards with this fabulous Catherine Scanlon stamp.

I have to confess...
I did think about abandoning the studio purge...
opting to just spend a week  water coloring and creating cards
with Catherine's stamps...
Yep...The thought DID cross my mind...
But my purge MUST go on...
I've made great progress...
and the garage sale date (September 22nd) will be here before I know it!
So back to the purging I go!

Thanks for visiting today, my friends...
I hope that you've found a bit of inspiration here at my blog.
Michelle.

PS...If you'd like to see all of Catherine's stamps...
Go HERE ...to the ART GONE WILD web site.
Have fun browsing...
(I have a feeling that you'll wind up with a BIG longggg wish list
of Catherine Scanlon Designs stamps that you MUST have!)

7 comments:

  1. Michelle,Happy Friday! You made me a Catherine lover too! Her flowers are beautiful but when you color them they turn gorgeous! Thanks for the happy Friday,I needed it today,thanks ! 🌺🎈🐒🎈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Therese!
      Happy Friday!...Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. I always loved your cards that you made with the Scanlon stamps !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your “retro” scanlon cards that I sent you a photo of the other day. Remember my “bulk” order? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards with those pretty floral designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Verna!
      I love Catherine Scanlon's flowers...

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!