Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Penny Black : Floral Applique

Hello my crafty and creative friends!

Today I've got a short tack of 4 cards to share with you...
Al created with an image from Penny Black's FLORAL APPLIQUE stamp set...
All are CAS cards....
All created with the same sketch...
All colored with alcohol markers...
with an assortment of color palettes and sentiments.

I've got a few photos to share...
(Sorry....I forgot to take an individual photo of the plum colored card)

Here we go....
I created 2 birthday cards...a Thank You card....
and a friendship card

About a year and a half ago I made a promise to myself.
Actually...it was more like a "challenge", I guess....
I promised myself that I would use prints more often on my cards.
Well...a year and a half later...and I have kept that promise..
I've risen to the challenge...
And now??...I can't believe that I didn't always use prints on my cards!
The bonus?
I am actually using tons of the beautiful prints that I've had...(and continue to buy...haha)
as opposed to "collecting" beautiful prints!

I die cut each image piece with a stitched rectangle die....
I matted the die cut image piece and the print with green card stock
To finish each card....I added a few strands of gold thread that I knotted together.

The second birthday card...
with a different color palette/print.

The Floral Applique stamp set has lots of great images...
This smaller image is the ideal size for a CAS card fronts, I think.

Luckily...I DID include the plum colored card in the "group" photo 
of today's cards.
The friendship sentiment is so pretty...
Here's another view of today's cards...enlarged ....
actually...it's a bit too large for this blog format.....
But...I'll use it anyway....
so that you can see the beautiful friendship sentiment.





















Penny Black stamps and sentiments are always on my list of favorite stamp companies...
Today's cards were created with a  stamp set that I've had ...
and have enjoyed using...for quite a while...
and will continue to enjoy creating with many more times, I'm sure.

Thanks for visiting ..
I hope that you've found a bit of inspiration here at my blog today!
Wishing you a terrific Tuesday!
(My day will be spent in the studio...continuing my purge ...
getting ready for the big huge crafty garage sale 
that will be happening here at our house in September!
It's going to be fantastic...
with 12 card makers and scrappers coming together here on our lawn.
...to sell our crafty "stuff")

So...here I go...
Into the studio...
Wish me luck!

Michelle.

4 comments:

  1. Michelle, so much beauty on this Tuesday morning! More beautiful flowers along with fabulous sentiments!
    Have a happy day ! 🎈🐢🎈🌺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Michelle!! Want to hear something funny--I worked on a birthday card this morning and the inside sentiment I chose--"Have a Fabulous Birthday"-- same stamp!! Before I saw you cards of course!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Lynn!
      You know the saying....."Great minds think alike!"
      (Wish you had a blog so that I could see your beautiful cards!)

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!