Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Pause the Purge

Well....
I was rolling right along...
working on my big studio purge...
Getting ready for the Huge Crafty garage sale that's going to happen
here at my house... in September.
(The Huge Crafty garage sale that I had here 2 years ago was  big hit..
so I am hosting one again...
Myself...and 12 of my crafty card making and scrapbooking friends
will gather here at my house...to sell our purged crafty items.

So...
my purging as going well...
and then...
I cam across a few Zip Loc bags filled with blank A2 cards
Inside of each folded blank card I found cut KIWI LANE pieces to create a card.
In all...I had 20 cards...filled with the parts and pieces to make a card.

I had to stop and think....
WHEN did I prep all of these cards?
When did I last use Kiwi lane templates?
WHEN?

Then I remembered...
It was during one of our trips to a favorite vacation place.
I wanted to make cards during that week away...
But I wanted to pack light.
I just didn't feel like bringing ink...stamps...Copics....pencils..
paint brushes...card stock.... etc etc

So I brought a few 6x6 print pads...some cut an scored blank cards...
a pencil...scissors..
and a bunch of Kiwi Lane templates.

When did I do that?
It was either 7 or 8 years ago.
Yes....7 or 8 years ago.
How crazy is that?

I apparently had intentions of putting the cards together 
when I got home from our vacation.
(Well...that obviously never happened)

When I found the Zip Locs ...
My first I thought was that I'd just throw them away.
And then...
I thought...
I haven't made a Kiwi Lane style card in ages...years...
probably in  a decade!

So the purge was paused...
and I sat down to make use of the ready-to-go pieces.
I am a die hard stamper...watercolor/pencil/ink/Copic person.
But I have to say...
Creating this stack of 22 cards was a fun diversion from my usual card making.
It was extra easy and very  because everything was already cut
for each card,
I just had to ink the edges of the pieces...and put the cards together.

I wasn't even thinking of sharing them here via a blog post...
But then thought...
Why not!

So here they are...
The cards that "Paused the Purge"
(You can see that I worked with just a few print pads...
which made coordinating and mixing prints fun and easy.
A great way, I think, to really "Use" a pad of paper)






















Well...
There they are...
The "Purge-Pausers"

It was fun putting this group of cards together.
Am I now going to abandon my beloved stamping and coloring...
and start making paper pieced cards?
NO!
But , as I mentioned above...
this was a nice ...unexpected change of pace.

Thanks for visiting today my crafty and creative friends
Wishing you a wonderful day!
Michelle

6 comments:

  1. Michelle,these cards are so neat and different! From your flowers and other color's but a great change ! And fast making !
    Wish I lived closer but you are pretty far away from me 861 miles or so ! About 14 hrs ! But I know you and your friends will have the greatest sale that weekend ! 🎈🐢🎈������

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you
    finished them!
    They look lovely.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness! That is a fantastic array of pretty cards made with all those wonderful papers. What a great save...so glad you did not toss them away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Verna!
      They were almost in the trash!....almost!

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!