Sunday, July 22, 2018

Re-visiting a Floral Favorite

Yesterday,
I shared 3 cards that I created with a favorite Penny Black stamp set
that I have used many many times in the past.
The stamp set...BOTANICAL GARDEN... 
is one of those stamp sets whose images are ALL wonderful.

So while I created the cards that I shared a few days ago...
I also had my eye on the larger image in that set...
(again...a stamp that I have used countless times)
and so...I thought that I'd create a few cards with that stamp as well.

Today's cards are Copic colored...
Once colored..I brushed each bloom with Clear Wink of Stella 
for a soft shimmery look.
I die cut the images with a stitched rectangle die...
matted the die cut piece...
chose a soft water color look print for the largest layer...
Matted the print...
and
positioned the matted image piece with fun foam for added dimension.
I created the small matted sentiment  pieces to complete each card
using the Penny Black SNIPPETS stamp set.

and...
 this is what I wound up with...

I never have enough birthday cards on hand...
so I created 2 identical birthday cards to add to my card stash.

I am also always running out of Get Well cards 
so I created one Get Well card.


and then...
I created one multi-purpose card
with a general "Just for You" sentiment.


I almost always create multiples of a card design...
with the same image...sometimes in an assortment of colors..sometimes the same color
and usually, with an assortment of sentiments.
For me..this is an enjoyable process.

I enjoyed creating this short stack of cards
with this favorite stamp
and I'm happy to add this little stack of cards to my card stash.

Thanks for visiting today...
I hope that you've found a little bit of inspiration here at my blog...
and I hope that you'll re-visit some of your favorite stamp sets...
and find time to create with them...again.
Have a wonderful day!
Michelle.


10 comments:

  1. Michelle,another gorgeous Penny Black ! Love the color's! Rainy Sunday but this makes it all better ! 🐢🎈🐢💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pretty cards Michelle! And I love the font of the sentiments! Are they all from the same set & if so, could you please share the name? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Lynn....Thank YOU!
      Yes...this image and yesterdays card image are both from the same Penny Black stamp set...(Botanical Garden)
      I always post the stamp set name in the blog post (above) ;)

      Delete
    2. Good morning Michelle! I did see that, I was actually asking about the sentiments please. They aren't on that stamp set, are they?

      Delete
    3. Ohhhhhh.....
      They're also by Penny Black .....the SNIPPETS stamp set....
      It's a stamp set that I keep out at all times...it's got ton of small sentiments...
      Truthfully...if a person only had one sentiment set an this was it...they'd be all set for card making for almost every ocasion.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. Love the stamp and the way you colored it. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are so wonderful and so versatile that the image can be used for more then one occasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Verna...
      I love this Penny Black stamp set...
      I've used it countless times for all cards for all sorts of occasions.

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!