Saturday, July 21, 2018

CAS Floral Cards...

Like most card makers
I am always falling in love with new stamps...
building a wish list...
ordering things on my wish lists...
and enjoying creating card with new-to-me stamps.

But..
I also still have a genuine love for lots of stamps 
that I have had for a long time.
Every so often, I go through my stamp drawers...
and pull out stamps that have caught my eye...
Sometimes, they're new sets...
and sometimes...they;re stamp sets that I've enjoyed using in the past.
I pull out sets that make me feel excited to ink up...and...
I keep them on the studio worktable...
so that I'll remember to  create a few cards with them...again.

This time...I went browsing through the "Floral" drawer
and a whole bunch of stamp sets caught my eye
and now...they're waiting to be the start of some creativity and card making!
(Which is how today's cards came to be)


I have a few CAS (Clean And Simple) floral cards to share with you...
created with one of the images from 
Penny Black's BOTANICAL GARDEN.
I colored the images with Copic Markers and Prismacolor pencils.
When the coloring as complete...I went over the blooms with Clear Wink of Stella.
I chose sentiments from PTI and Impression Obsession...
and assortment of prints for layering.
I matted the image pieces and prints...
added metallic thread to each card
and positioned the matted image pieces with fun foam for added dimension.

and...
This is what I wound up with.
The sentiment on this card is by PTI
I really enjoy the process of choosing prints that work well with the colored images.
This print, I think...is a good match for this rose colored image.
I used silver metallic thread to finish this card.

This card focuses more on orange and yellow tones.
I used the same PTI sentiment set...
but switched it up a bit.
I finished this card with gold metallic thread.

For this third card...
I chose to have the image in the lower right of the card front...
with an Impression Obsession sentiment stamped in the upper left.
I did some dark outlining on the bloom to make it "pop" a bit.
Gold metallic thread was used to finish this card.

You can see the subtle shimmer of the Clear Wink of Stella
in this photo.


I enjoyed creating this short stack of cards 
with this favorite Penny Black stamp set
and am glad that I opted to go with white backgrounds.
I love inking and blending ink for backgrounds...
but lately..I've been feeling like a crisp clean white background is the way to go.
I'm glad that I pulled this stamp set out (again)....
I actually have my eye on another image from this set...
and will, most likely, create a few cards with that stamp very soon.
(Another favorite that I have created cards with many many times in the past)

Thanks for visiting today, my crafty and creative friends...
Wishing you a wonderful day!
Michelle.

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for introducing me to Creative Vision Stamps. I shopped their booth in Kississimee in June for their Foilables sentiments but never shopped their stamps. Will give them another look now especially the Elf This series. Perfect for friends still on LI that suffer with snow issues which we left behind when we moved to FL.
    Penny Black has such wonderful flower stamps so hard to pick a favorite. Love the cards you made for today's post and was wondering what is your typical card size and layer sizes? I like that on your cards the base is typically revealed more than the typical 1/4" steps 5 1/2, 5 1/4, and 5. Thanks again for your blog and all its inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Virginia!...Thanks so much for all of your kind words...
      (I am also a Long Islander...South Shore )
      I almost always create A2 cards...and follow the 1/8 difference between layer sizes
      So glad that you enjoyed the Creative Vision cards ...and I agree...the elves are adorable...and sassy....lol

      Delete
  2. These cards are so pretty. Sometimes I forget to pull out my old favorites. I’m going to start today
    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy!
      New is always nice...but there's something wonderful about creating cards with favorite stamp sets...
      Have fun re-visiting your favorites!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful coloring. I love your beautiful backgrounds but you are right going with a clean white background on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks El
      For all that I love working with inked background..blending etc...Lately I am liking white backgrounds...they feel so fresh and clean....

      Delete
  4. Michelle, another set of gorgeous flowers 🌺! Penny Black ,I have this one thanks for reminding me !
    Your color's are beautiful and the shimmer of the Clear Wink of Stella just adds that special touch ! Happy Saturday! 🌺🎈🐒🎈🐒

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your floral cards are amazingly beautiful! I really like the layout on them and your coloring is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Michelle! I am always drawn to the orange & yellow tones! They are just my favorite colors, but all are so pretty. I really need to look into those awesome sentiments! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!