Wednesday, July 25, 2018

A CAS Eclipse Card

Hello my crafty and creative friends!
Today I've got a CAS eclipse card to share with you.

If you've visited my blog before...
you already know that I am a true blue CAS card maker.
To add to my love of CAS cards...lately, I have been loving white backgrounds.
And so...I've been amping up the CAS look
of my recent cards with lots of crisp clean white backgrounds.

For today's amped up CAS card I started out with
Paper Smooches BLOSSOMING BUDS stamp set.
I chose the smaller blossom image .
I colored the image with Copic markers...
and used Stampin Up Alphabet dies to die cut the word  HAPPY.
I added a small "Birthday" sentiment by Mudra
to the lower right of the card.
I die cut the image piece with a stitched rectangle die.
Next. I chose a print that went well with the colored image...
and a deep violet colored solid card stock for matting.
I rolled glue dots to  position the HAPPY over it's negative space.
The image piece was positioned with fun foam for dded dimension.

and...
wha-la!
This is what I wound up with!


I love the look of this card...
It's bright...and colorful...and the white background adds to the CAS factor!
I am also happy with the print that I chose...
which came from a large generic 12x12 paper pad. 

My card stash is always in need of birthday cards...
I'm happy to add two of this CAS eclipse card to my stash.

This Paper Smooches stamp set has a larger image...
Similar to the image that I used for today's cards.
I've got a few of them stamped out...
Colored...
and waiting to become cards.
I'll be sure to share them here when they're complete!

Thanks for visiting today... 
Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday!
Michelle

8 comments:

  1. So pretty, the background paper really added to the overall look of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,really love the card and the background paper ! It really pops out the sprig of flowers and the lettering. Eclipse lettering is so crisp ,I have theses on my wish list for Christmas this year can't wait to hopefully use them next year ! Happy
    Wednesday! 🐢🎈🐢🎈

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and I love the wonderful coloring on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree--great background paper!! Really matches the card!! I love it!! Super cards!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lynn!
      I really enjoyed creating these...and was so happy when I went through my prints and found this one

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!