Saturday, June 20, 2020

Blue Knight Rubber Stamps: Reeds and Ducks


Hello my Crafty and Creative Friends...

Today, I'm sharing a super speedy card with you...created with Blue Knight Rubber Stamps REEDS and DUCKS stamp set and BK's BIRDS II stamp set.
If you love silhouette stamping...you'll love today's card!


When I mentioned super speedy....I wasn't being dramatic!

Thanks to these silhouette stamp sets, some Panpastel coloring and a little bit of marker highlighting and masking...this card came together in a flash!

I started out by stamping the DUCKS and  REEDS images using a stamp positioning tool once...(thee bird wasn't stamped at this time)
The silhouettes won't be a solid back image yet...but tamping it once is enough to allow you to start adding color to the card.

Next, I used a circle punch and a 4 x 5 piece of scrap card stock to create a simple mask-like template for the sun.
I also got out a 6-inch length of scrap card stock...(approx 2 inches wide.

I placed the ling strip where I wanted the horizon line to be..separating the sunset sky from the water.

To create the sky I place the circle where the sun would be so that it would remain "un-colored" when I created the sunny sky.
I added all of the background color with Blue Knight Sunrise/Sunset PanPastel palette.
After the orange and yellow sunset sky was created....I removed the circle-shaped mask and added color to create the sun. ...making sure NOT to make it the same color as the background sky.
Adding too much yellow and orange would make the sun blend into the sky.

When adding color to the sun was complete..I placed the negative space piece of card stock (that the sun mask was punched former) over the sun...and used a white pencil top eraser to trace all around the opened circle shape to define the edge of the sun.
(Yes...PanPastels are erasable...so creating this outline was a cinch!)

I removed the long strip of card stock that created the horizon line and moved it up...covering the lowest part of the sunny sky...and positioned it on the horizon line...leaving the uncolored water area exposed.
Then, I added the water coloring, using Blue Knight's Day and Night Palette.

After I colored the water...all of the coloring was complete!
It was time to return the colored piece to the stamp positioning tool.
I inked up the stamps up and stamped and re-stamped a few times, until I had said black silhouette images...
I added the bird to the sky.
Finally, I highlighted the reeds with a green marker.

I cropped the completed image piece to size...matted it first with black card stock and then added a second gold metallic mat layer before positioning the piece on a scored card base.

These step-by-step directions have walked you through creating this card...and will allow you to create this card, on your own.
If you like creating multiples...like I do..this card is a great choice for creating a stack of cards because each card comes together so quickly and easily.

Here's one more look at today's card....


You can find today's featured stamps HERE, at the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps web store

Some other helpful links:
Subscribe to my blog, if you' like...on the upper right of this blog page.
Visit and subscribe to my YouTube Channel HERE
Fans of Blue Knight Rubber Stamps (Facebook group) is HERE
Blue Knight's Inspire and Create Blog is HERE
and the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps YouTube Channel is HERE

Thanks for stopping by today!
Wishing you a creative joy!
Michelle.

4 comments:

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!