Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Step by Step Tutorial Creating a Card with a Stamped and Blended PanPastel Background

Hello my Crafty and Creative Friends!

Today, I'm up on the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps blog sharing my DT project....
As DT Coordinator...sometimes I get caught up in behind the scenes "stuff"...and my Blue Knight creative time kinda takes a back seat.
Sharing this card with you today...and the cards that I hav planned for the remainder of the month bring me back to what I love most...creating! (YAY!)

Today...we'll be looking at the steps I've taken in creating a card with a stamped PanPastel blended background and the KIND WORDS BOUQUET and ONCE IN A LIFETIME stamp sets.

If you've found your way here to my blog via the Blue Knight Inspire and Create blog...thank you for clicking the link and joining me here for this step by step tutorial.

Let's take a look at the finished card...and then I'll share the tutorial


First, I chose PanPastel colors that caught my eye...
Some yellows...blues..pinks...reds...
I applied the colors with a sponge applicator, in circular motions, to blend them.

After the colors were applied and blended, I shook off any residual pigment dust that may have been left on the colored piece...
Then, I stamped the KIND WORDS BOUQUET image around the four sides of the PanPastel-ed card stock piece, using black Versafine ink.
PanPastels do transfer some color when handled if you don't "seal" what you've created...
My "sealant" of choice is Nexxus Comb Thru Hairspray.
(I try to avoid toxins etc that are present in most fixatives)
A LIGHT spray of the hairspray works well for my card making purposes.
(No need to saturate your creation with hairspray...remember...a LIGHT mist does the trick...and a little bit of time after misting is needed for air drying time.....a "little bit" as in 1 minute...)



I chose black metallic and bright pink metallic card stock for matting.

I wanted the matting layers to complement the PanPastel colors
The pink background color and the blank inked image were the two colors that caught my eye most, so I chose mat colors that went well with pink and black


For the sentiment piece, I created a second blended piece of card stock, with the same colors that I used to create the stamped background piece.
I shook off the colored piece to get of any residual pigment dust.
I stamped a sentiment from the ONCE IN A LIFETIME stamp set, using the same Versafine ink pad.t the card stock piece.
Once again..I sealed the piece with my Nexxus hairspray AFTER stamping the sentiment onto the PanPastel-ed card stock piece.


I die cut the sentiment piece with a stitched rectangle die and matted it with metallic lack card stock.
I positioned the matted sentiment piece with fun foam , for added dimension.



The completed card had the look that I had set out to accomplish, and best of all, I discovered that PanPastels are very cooperative with creating this look and the kind of background that I had in mind when I sat down to create this card!




Working with PanPastels...experimenting...exploring...and trying different looks and techniques  has been 100% fun!
I've always been a fan of creating blended inked background and now I can add blended PanPastel backgrounds to my list of favorites!

You can find a select collection of PanPastels and individual PanPastel colors along with today's featured stamps (Kind Words Bouquet and Once in a Lifetime) at the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps web store HERE

Thanks a bunch for visiting today...
I hope that the card and tutorial that I've shared today inspires you to try things that are new to you...experiment...and above all...enjoy your creative time.
Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday!
Michelle.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,those pastels are so rich looking ad make the neatest backgrounds and quick! Along with beautiful!
    And the added floral and the sentiment on vellum make this a gorgeous color with beautiful colors ! 🎈🐢🐒🎈

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely look with the pan pastel! They are tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi!
      The Pans are lots of fun to work with...so many possibilities.

      Delete
  4. This card is so original with the pan pastel background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!