Saturday, July 11, 2020

Winter Cardinals...Christmas in July Card Making

Hello my crafty and creative friends!

It wouldn't be July if I didn't create at least a few Christmas in July cards!

Today I'm sharing a  Christmas-y card that I've created with Blue Knight Rubber Stamps New release WINTER CARDINALS stamp set.

This card came together quickly...and easily!
I stamped the image with Ranger Ink's Archival Potting Soil ink.
I colored the cardinals with Copic markers and added color to the sky with PanPastels.
Next, I added some shimmer to the branches and edge of the fence with Liquid Pixie Dust
I chose to use matte black card stock to mat the image piece.
After stamping the sentiment with the same Potting Soil ink, I hand-cut it into a banner shape and matted it with the same red card stock that I used for the larger mat layer.
I could have used a die for both banner pieces...but chose to cut the pieces by hand...which is very simple and easy to do.
I positioned the image piece with fun foam for added dimension.
To complete the card, I placed the sentiment on the lower left of the card.

This beautiful image is ideal for Christmas, Holiday, and Winter card making.
With just a little bit of coloring...I was able to create a Christmas card easily and quickly which is great when creating multiples and large numbers o Christmas cards.

You'll find the WINTER CARDINALS stamp set HERE, at the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps web store.

Some other helpful links:
Subscribe to my blog, if you' like...on the upper right of this blog page.
Fans of Blue Knight Rubber Stamps (Facebook group) is HERE
Blue Knight's Inspire and Create Blog is HERE
and the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps YouTube Channel is HERE

Thanks for stopping by today!
Wishing you lots of creative joy!
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Michelle,the cardinals are beautiful! Can’t wait to to try mine ! The days are just going by so fast ! 🐒💕🎈🐢

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much Therese!
      Have fun creating cards with your cardinals!

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!