Friday, July 31, 2020

A Beau-Tea-Ful Card



Hello my Crafty and Creative friends!

Today I'm sharing my Blue Knight Rubber Stamps Weekly Design Team card with you...

I was excited to ink up the  Beau-Tea-Ful stamp set for the first time and create a card with it.I love the vintage feel that this detailed image has...

At first I thought that I might want to paper piece the tea cup...but, instead...I opted to do some Copic coloring....so here  go....

A Beau-Tea-Ful card...complements of Blue Knight Rubber Stamps!


This image was lots of fun to add color to..
I had some soft lavender tones in mind...but knew that I didn't want to go with a monochromatic look... 
so I chose the lavender tones first...then browsed through my Copic markers to see what else might catch my eye...
I opted to leave the background white...for a crisp clean CAS look....(As opposed o adding color or inking the white background area)

I had a pretty lavender tone print paper that had a vintage look to it....and chose that for the larger mat layer.
The image piece was matted with a deep plum card stock

I stamped the image and hand-cut it into a banner shape....and matted it with the same plum card stock.

I have lots of banner lies...but truthfully...I always seem to hand cut my sentiment banners...
It's so easy to do...and it allows me to customize the shape and size of the banner to the sentiment.




I positioned the matted image piece with fun foam for added dimension....
and di the same with the sentiment banner

The finished card turned out exactly as I had hoped...both color-wise...and sketch-wise.
This is definitely a stamp set that will be a go-to for me...
I hope that you've found a little bit of inspiration here at my blog today with this BEAU-TEA-FUL card....

You can find today's featured stamp HERE, at the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps web store

Some other helpful links:
Subscribe to my blog, if you' like...on the upper right of this blog page.
Visit and subscribe to my YouTube channel HERE
Fans of Blue Knight Rubber Stamps (Facebook group) is HERE
Blue Knight's Inspire and Create Blog is HERE
and the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps YouTube Channel is HERE

Thanks for stopping by today!
Wishing you a day filled with creative joy!
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!