Sunday, September 3, 2017

Water Colored Peony Garden...and a "Different" Kind of Embossing Powder

I have a little organizer that I keep next to the studio work table
that holds stamped and heat embossed images  that were extras...from prior projects.
Sometimes...I go through the organizer to check out it's contents.
I always find some great goodies...

This time...
I came across one lonesome heat embossed PEONY GARDEN image. 
*Peony Garden is a 6 x 6 background stamp...by The Ton Stamps.
So I took it out of the organizer...and sat down to enjoy some water coloring time.
*I used an assortment of ink pads and a water brush to water color this image
and matted it with a deep plum metallic... and beautiful gold metallic card stock.

When I heat embossed this image (ages ago)...
I used WOW Ultra High Gold Embossing Powder.
Ultra High is much different than fine detail EP...
It's chunkier...a more granular-like consistency...
and the heated results are thicker...and it's not smooth..
(like the results of using Ultra Fine Detail EP)

I like the look of Ultra High EP for certain projects...
and I think that this Peony Garden stamped image is ideal for Ultra High EP.

Wanna see?
I love the texture after the Ultra High EP is heated.
I also love this gorgeous image!
(in the past I have created A2 cards...like this one...with the Peony garden stamp
by cropping it down to size.
And..
at other times..I have created 5x5 cards...using almost the entire image.
Today's card is an A2 sized card

I'm so glad that I took a peek inside of that little organizer...
and found this ready-to-go image waiting to be water colored!
(I wish that there were a few more waiting for me!)

If you haven't tried Ultra High Embossing Powder...
give to a try...
It's totally different than Fine Detail EP...

Thanks for visiting today, my crafty an creative friends...
Have a wonderful Sunday.
Michelle.

2 comments:

  1. Michelle, I love the embossed look that Ultra high embossing powder gives the flowers ! And you used my favorite color's ! Have a great Sunday! ๐Ÿข๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿข๐ŸŒท

    ReplyDelete
  2. UHEP pretty awesome. Ur watercoloring is gorgeous. Thinking u might want to restock ur stash with more of these beauties. Hugs my friend

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!