Saturday, February 11, 2017

A Ballerina Silhouette...in Pink.

A few weeks ago I created a a short stack of ballerina silhouette cards
using a sweet stamp by Clearly Besotted.
The Silhouette was a classic black silhouette...
The card was very CAS (Clean And Simple)
This is the card....


A friend asked if I could create a pink version of that card for her...
for her granddaughter's birthday.
I wasn't sure how the silhouette would look in pink...
but I told my friend that I would give it a try.

In the end...
I was pleasantly surprised...
the silhouette looked nice in pink!
And more importantly...
my friend was very happy with the card.

I used my MISTI to get precision placement for repeat stamping ...
to get a good solid silhouette image.
(Patchiness when stamping a silhouette image is a definite no-no)
It took about 5 or 6 stampings to get a nice solid image.



I used an MFT Mini Scallop die to die cut the image ..
and used the die as a stencil for nice clean edges when adding background color.
The heart print  and sentiment banner are both matted on light green metallic card stock.
The color of the stamped image...print..matting and background inking 
all came together nicely.

Creating this card as per my friends request 
allowed me to realize that black is not the only color for a silhouette image...
and...
this is a good thing! 
It's always good to step out of our usual box...

Thanks for visiting today...
Wishing you a beautiful day...sprinkled with a little bit of creativity!
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!