Sunday, October 29, 2017

Separation Anxiety....My Inability to Part with Some of my Cards

I have been in my happy place...
making cards!
and as if that's not awesome enough...
I've been making Autumn cards.
and..
If that doesn't put me over the top with card-making-glee...
I have  been water coloring.
All of this together?
For me? 
WOWZER.
That's all I can say...
WOWZER.

I got out some water color paper...
Ken Oliver Colorbursts...Distress Oxide Inks...and Luminarte Twinkling H2Os...
Some Sparkle n Sprinkle Gold embossing powder..
Some Brutus Monroe Penny embossing powder...my heat gun...some daubers...
some LCI metallic card stock...
a few IO (Impression Obsession) quote stamps...
Stampendous' Jumbo Leaves stamp set...
and...
 I had some fun!
LOTS of fun!

and..
here's what I whipped up!
These...
*Backgrounds created with Distress Oxide ink..misted with water
*Stamped leaf images...heat embossed
*Leaf images painted with Twinkling H2Os



and one other piece....
stamped...and "painted"...
no heat embossing
just stamped with ink.
(I forgot to take a photo)

I took 3 of the four panels...and created cards with them.
One...remains as shown above...
I haven't used it to create a card
because I am having separation anxiety...
It's sitting next to the studio work table..
where I can look at it whenever I want to..
touch it.. and hold it...
and think about keeping it....
just as it is.

But...I DID create 3 cards...
and I can share them with you now.

The colors and the shimmer and the embossing
the metallic card stock matting
and the Oxide ink background all  make me so happy.
THIS is my kinda card...

Here's a close up..
Look at the gold embossing..
and the shimmer from the Twinkling H20s!
This is what I call gorgeousness!


This card makes me feel the same way...
Happy Happy Happy!
I'm loving the muted look of the  background son each of today's cards 
(created with Distress Oxide ink) 


and a close up


This version is just inked...no heat embossing.
(I like this...but...I'm partial to the heat embossed pieces)

I am so happy with the finished cards
however...
I have a dilemma

Separation anxiety
I can't bring myself to create a card with this one...
because I love it so much

I told my daughter that I was going to put it in a little frame...
and keep it...forever.
It's the only one that was heat embossed with Brutus Monroe's PENNY Embossing powder...
and I LOVE the leaves..and how they turned out with the H2O) colors that I blended.
I also love that the leaves look like they are floating on the background
I need to keep this.
Just as it is.

I'm really enjoying creating Autumn cards...and sharing the with you here.
I'll be back again tomorrow with a few more Fall cards...
See you then!

Thanks for stopping by..
Have a great day, my crafty and creative friends!
Michelle.



8 comments:

  1. Michelle,gorgeous just gorgeous those H20's make everything just shine! And the embossing just makes it pop even more! I would have the same anxiety! It is hard to let the favorite ones go! I too would frame it ! Happy sunny ☀️ Sunday! 🍁🍁🎈🐢🎈

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...they do Therese....
    H2Os were perfect for water coloring the leaves for the Autumn cards...
    (and for the piece that I'm keeping...lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh-Huh, the enabler again---I just had to have those awesome quote stamps and the stencil brushes! And a few days back it was the Twinkling H2O! I know I will enjoy all, LOL! Love your beautiful cards Michelle!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGosh Lynn....I'm getting some reputation...I can;t wait to see your projects with the H2Os and the stencil brushes..
      (with the brushes..just make sure to use them on very smooth card stock for the best results....I only use Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Card Stock...)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for the tip Michelle! Do you have a favorite weight and brightness. I see 80lb/97 brightness and 100lb/100 brightness.

      Delete
    3. Lynn...the Utra Smooth at the CC web site is one weight....one color...

      Delete
  4. All so pretty! Definitely frame the piece you love so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!