Friday, October 27, 2017

Inking...Stamping...and Shimmering Autumn Cards

I have been having the best time in my studio these last few days!
I've been creating with dye ink...Distress Oxide ink...and Twinkling H2Os.
I had no plan...other than just enjoying experimenting...
with a goal of creating a few Autumn-looking cards.

Over the next few days...I'll share a a small assortment of cards with you...
each created with an Autumn look...
with an assortment of inks...and H2Os

I used a retired CTMH stamp set...
(Autumm Splendor)
an oldie stamp set that is one of my favorite leaf stamp sets.
Matting was done with LCI Metallic card stock
I felt like a mad scientist in my studio
creating and experimenting..layering..mixing..and blending
and then sitting back to see what the final results were.

Today I'd like to share, with you...how I created this card
(I actually made two of this card)
Many people have told me that they aren't familiar with Luminarte Twinkling H2Os 
so I thought I;d give you a little bit of info about stamping with H2Os
(By the Way...Luminarte is now called Colourate...
and soon...colors will be sold in pans..not pots.)

This is the first Autumn inspired piece that I created.
I painted H2O's...in assorted Fall colors ...onto the stamps...
with a small water color paint brush.
I stamped each leaf onto Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth card stock..
holding the stamp down on the card stock for a moment...
to let the H2Os transfer nicely from stamp to card stock.
I made certain not to press too hard on the stamp....
NOTE:*Pressing too hard when stamping with the H2Os can distort the stamped image..
and can cause the image to look like a random blob of color...
as opposed to a beautiful stamped image.
The shimmery mica shine of Twinkling H2Os is amazing!
I tipped the card stock into the light ...trying to capture the shimmer for you, in this photo.
After the stamped images had dried (they dried very quickly)
I brushed background color onto the stamped card stock
with Clarity Stencil Brushes and ink lifted from ink pads.
I created 2 of these stamped panels.


I stamped this beautiful IO (Impression Obsession) sentiment...
stamped it with Rich Cocoa Ink (Memento)
I brushed ink onto the sentiment piece.
Next...I matted the sentiment and stamped piece with bronze metallic card stock
I chose a bronze metallic card stock for matting
and...
Wha-la!
A shimmery Autumn card!

Here's a close up
*Gotta love Ralph (Waldo Emerson)
He always knows just what to say...and how to say it!


I am very happy with this card.
It turned out exactly as I had imagined it...in my mind.
I LOVED stamping with the H2Os...something I haven't done in a while.
Me + H2Os = a Wonderful Reunion!
We've ben apart for too long!
and now...
We're back together!

This card kicked off my start of creating some Autumn cards...
I'll have a few more cards to share with you over the next few days..
So...
Don't forget to stop by tomorrow
Thanks for visiting...
Have a fabulous Friday!
Michelle

8 comments:

  1. Look forward to your blog every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle the most beautiful autumn leaves I have ever seen and I'm not kidding they just glimmer like they were sitting on the trees!
    thanks for today's Shine! 🎈🐢🎈🐢🍁🍂🍁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Therese!
      The H2Os almost look like foil...(wish you could see that in the photos :) )

      Delete
  3. I love the autumn colors! They are my favorite colors! Your cards are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lynn...
      I love everything Autumn!
      The colors..the weather..the falling leaves..apple picking...
      It's my favorite Season.

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!