Wednesday, February 8, 2017

My Little Stash of 100 Colored Images....

My little stack of 100 stamped and colored images 
has become my constant card making companion this last week...
and..
I am REALLY enjoying browsing through the stack every day...
and choosing a few images to create cards with.

When I stamped the images out a few weeks ago...
I opted to stamp out a few of each image
because I almost always create in multiples.

Stampin Up's You've Got This stamp set is one that I have used countless times.
So when I was stamping images for the stack of 100...
I stamped out a bunch of the stamp set's main image...a beautiful flower.

Those flower images...all colored and ready to go..
are the images I used for the cards that I am sharing here at my blog, today. 

The images were colored with alcohol markers...
I used Polychromos  pencils to shed and highlight each image.
background color as added with Clarity stencil brushes and ink pads.
I chose prints from an assortment of 12 x 12 paper pads.
The sentiments are from a few different stamp sets.

The first card I made is a "friendship" card
I added color to the sentiment banner and background with the stencil brushes 
 I have always loved pink, green and ivory together...
and was happy to sue that door palette on this card.
I also love all of the layers ...
The sequins add a little bit of sparkle...

I positioned the image layer on this card...and the cards that follow...
with fun foam...for a nice sturdy lift and added dimension.


Next...I created 2 sympathy cards...
similar...but different...
I used the same deep purple metallic card stock..and the same print...on both cards...
I used gold thread as an embellishment on this card
The sentiment is from Concord & 9th's Brushed Blossom stamp set
I am in love with this casual scripty font style

You can see the fine gold thread  in this photo...
I wanted to keep embellishing minimal being that this is a sympathy card.
The print also has a little sparkle to it ...with little tiny bits of gold foiling here and there.
Again...nice.....but not to0 much ...for a sympathy card.


The second sympathy card has more of the beautiful print paper showing...
and a narrow deep purple metallic mat layer behind the image.
I embellished this card with a few clear droplets in assorted sizes.
And ....there's that beautiful sentiment again!


I love coloring with alcohol markers..and being able to blend colors...
I also enjoy adding shading and highlighting with pencils...
Using the pencils to shade expands your color palette...which is nice. 


The last card that I have to share today is a Thank You card...
and again..I am LOVING the font style of this sentiment
from the Spring Hello by Lia stamp set by Hero Arts/ Lia Griffith

This image really shows the pencil shading...
and you can see the clear droplets nicely as well.
I  am crazy about the Thank You sentiment....
I am a lover of beautiful fonts....and this font is beautiful!



My little stack of 100 stamped and colored images has brought me lots of card making joy!
and...
my car stash is growing nicely.
YAY!

Thanks for visiting , my crafty and creative friends...
Wishing you a wonderful day!
Michelle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!