Sunday, February 19, 2017

Dino-Mite Birthday Cards

Finally....
I've got some boy-friendly cards to share!
(My card stash is in desperate need of boy-friendly cards...
so WHY am I always creating girly cards?)

Well..with the three cards that I am sharing today..
I will at least I have 3 more boy-ish cards to add to my stash now!

I created the 3 cards with stamped images and  a sentiment 
from the Taylored Expressions Dino-Mite stamp set.
The dinosaur images were colored with Copic and Spectrum Noir Alcohol markers.
The leathery look of the dinosaur's skin was created by adding and blending Polychromos pencil coloring over the Alcohol marker coloring. 
Background color was brushed on with Clarity Stencil Brushes & ink pads
I double matted the image layer on green...and bronze metallic card stock.
Part of the sentiment is stamped on the image layer...
and part of it was stamped, cut out...and positioned with foam dimensionals.
I added a few Nuvo Drops in orange and brown.

I am happy with the colors on the images...and the backgrounds on each of the cards....
But I did change the color of the Dino_mite sentiment piece on the next 2 cards.



I'm very organized in my studio..
and was feeling frustrated about not being able to find a stamp that is an image of a small patch of grass...
I wanted to stamp the patch of grass to the left of the large dinosaur.
I'm not giving up, though..
as soon as I put my hands on that patch of grass stamp...
I'll add a little grass to each card.
(PS..I switched from brown to green when adding color to the Dino-mite sentiment piece.
The brown just seemed t0o blah...and hum drum...and iy didn't stand out enough.
Green seems better...what do you think?)


So now I have 3 more boy-friendly cards to ad to my pathetically small stash of boy-birthday-cards.
But hey...it's 3 more than I had yesterday!
right?


Thanks for visiting today my crafty friends...
Don't be shy about leaving me comments below..
I know that I get lots and lots of visitors 
(my daily blog count tells me that)
But you''re a very quiet bunch!
So consider this an invitation to comment comment comment!
I love and appreciate your comments...
ALL of them!

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Michelle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!