Monday, February 6, 2017

A Frog + A Stack of Gifts = A Happy Birthday Card

I'm still working my way through my stack of 100 stamped and color images.

It's been fun flipping through the stack..
and choosing which colored image(s) I want to create a few cards with.

My most recent pick was this cute frog and a stack of gifts...
from Stampin Up's Love You Lots stamp set.

The images were colored with alcohol markers...
Background color was added to each of the three cards with Clarity Stencil brushes and ink pads
The sentiments are from PTI (Papertrey Ink) and Stampendous.
On the third card, I used MFT Mini Scalloped Die as a die..and a stencil.

First up...This cute little guy on this card that is primarily orange and green
with a hint of dark teal for matting.
I embossed the largest green mat layer with an old favorite ...a Swiss Dots embossing folder.
Next...I hand cut the large banner...and the 2 sentiment banner pieces.
The sentiment is from PTI
(Love their little $5 sentiment stamp sets)

*If you've never hand cut a sentiment banner....take a peek at this tutorial , here on my blog...
It will have you making perfect banners ...its a cinch
Here's the link: Sentiment Banner Tutorial

I positioned the image layer with fun foam...
for some added dimension and lift.



Here's the pink version...
Another PTI Happy Birthday sentiment...
And I used the little gift stamp from Lawn Fawn's Year Two stamp set 
to create the background print on the pink mat layer.


Fun foam is a great way to get a good solid & sturdy lift to larger card stock pieces
You can see the dimension  here in this photo


This is the last version of this cute little image...
The scalloped image layer was created with a MFT (My Favorite Things) Mini Scallop Die Stax set
This time, the sentiment is from the Stampendous Angel Wing Quotes stamp set


 I used the scallop die as a stencil to give a crisp clean line 
when brushing ink onto the background 
The deep purple metallic card stock mat layer gives a nice shimmer to this card.
The image layer and the little sentiment banner were both positioned with fun foam.


Once again...my little stack of 100 stamped and colored images has come through for me.
I had fun flipping through the stack 
and choosing something that caught my eye to create a few cards with....
and...
in the end...
I had 3 more cards to add to my birthday card replenishing efforts.

The stack of colored images is getting shorter...
but there are still LOTS of images to choose from...
I wonder what will catch my eye next!

Thanks for visiting, my crafty and creative friends...
have a wonderful day!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!