Sunday, February 5, 2017

A Butterfly Sweet 16 Birthday Card

I love creating cards...
all kinds of cards
But I have to say...
cards for teens is a challenge.
Cutesy images are too "young" for a teen...
and something reserved..classic...seems too "mature" for a teen.

Whenever I need to create a teen birthday card...
I welcome the challenge.
The card that I am sharing today...was one of those "challenges"

Actually...with this card request from my friend...I had 6 challenges to meet....

My friend asked me to create 5 cards for boy-16th-birthdays
and 1 for a girl-Sweet 16.
Yes...my friend's son is 16...and so all of his friends are also turning 16...
and having parties.
(I remember those days well, when my daughter was that age)
It seems like there was a party every weekend during her junior year of high school.

Today I am sharing the girl-Sweet 16 card that I whipped up at my friend's request.
(I'll share the 5 boy cards another day)

The butterfly images are from Stampin Up's Watercolor Wings Stamp set.
The sentiment is....????...umm....I cant remember....(sorry about that)

I stamped the butterflies with an assortment of Altenew Crisp purple ink pads
and added Saffron Yellow ink with Clarity Stencil brushes for background color.
I then placed a piece of vellum over the butterfly images.
I chose deep purple metallic card stock for the mat layer.. 
Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins were perfect for adding a little bit of sparkle
(My #1 favorite sequins....because they sparkle like diamonds)

*HELPFUL HINT: To hold the vellum in place..without adhesive showing through..
(a pesky issue when using vellum...)
 I strategically placed some mini glue dots in places that would be covered by sequins.

So what do you think?
Did I rise to the challenge of creating a card for a 16 year old girl?
I hope so...
When my friend stopped by to pick up the card ...she loved it....
so I am thinking that I may have met the challenge.

You know....I ALMOST took a pass on ordering this Stamp set when it first came out...
I wasn't sure if I liked the butterflies enough to use when creating cards.

Now..after using it a few times...I am liking it...and am glad that I purchased it when I did.
(I've created bookmarks with it in the past....and a few cards)
and..I'm sure that I'll be using this set again...and again...in the future. 

Thanks for visiting, my crafty and creative friends!
Have a wonderful day!
Michelle.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!