Saturday, August 22, 2020

Weekly Blue Knight Design Team Inspiration: Creating a Gift Set of 6 Cards with the Silhouette Stag Stamp




Hello, my Crafty and Creative Friends!

As promised, my August Design Team projects have all focused on sharing quick and easy card making projects with you.

Although today's project is a set of 6 cards...it qualifies as being quick..and easy....
And I'm excited to share each card with you today!

I have been wanting to create a gift set of cards for my brother and sister-in-law with this favorite Blue Knight Stamp....SILHOUETTE STAG..
They both love the outdoors...and my brother is an avid hunter and fisherman.
I knew that this image was one that they both would love.

I created a set of 6 cards...all with night skies...
3 with a moon...and three without

I used black matting for each image.

All of the image coloring was created with Blue Knight's Select PanPastel DAY and NIGHT Palette.
The colors in this palette collection are ideal for blending night skies.

I stamped 6 of the image using a stamp positioning tool.
After stamping all 6 images...I left the stamp in position...in the tool...and set it aside...because I would be using it again after adding coloring the skies.

When the coloring was complete...I returned each piece to the stamp positioning tool and restamped the image multiple times until the stag 's silhouette was a nice solid dense black image without spots or washed ut looking areas. This took about 4...5 re-stampings.

Next...I sealed the image with a light misting of NEXXUS Comb Thru Hairspray.

If you follow my blog...you already know about the Hairspray thing...

If you're new to my blog..I'll explain a bit:

Using hairspray was recommended to me by our local art shop.


(*Note...sealing with NEXXUS is not archival safe...If you want your colored piece to be archival safe you'll need to use an art-grade sealant that is archival safe....NEXXUS COMB THRU is the brand that I recommend. Using cheaper heavier hair sprays won't do the job as nicely. I encourage you to invest in NEXXUS Comb Thru (not their other version of hairspray...Comb Thru works best)


To create each of the 3 moons, I used a circle punch to punch out a circle and positioned it behind the stag.
I added the sky colors...blending as needed, to create the color and look that I wanted.
When the sky was complete...I removed the circle mask...and added some light shadowing, with PanPastels, to the moon
I used the PanPastel colorless blender to smooth out and blend each sky and moon

This moon has some light blue shading...

This version has some grey toned shading on the moon....

And the third moon was shaded with blue and purple...

The next 3 cards were created without the moon...
I used Blue Knight's Heidi Pettie, Cloud Stencil, to add a hint of cloud outlines to this night sky.
I blended the entire sky, on this card...and the next 2 cards, with the PanPastel Colorless blender.

For this night sky, I blended a few different blue tones and some violet

You can see the different colors used on this card...blues...violet and from the Sunrise/Sunset PanPastel palette...I added some Magenta


I promised you that throughout August I would share a month of cards that are easy to create .... aren't time-consuming...tedious or difficult to create.
THIS set of cards qualifies for all of the above!
Easy...quick...and beautiful results!
Plus you get to have lots of fun blending and creating colors with PanPastels!

I hope that the cards that I've shared here today have inspired you to create a gift set of super easy, super beautiful card set of your own!

Thanks for visiting today!
Wishing you a beautiful day filled with creative joy!
Michelle

You can find each of today's featured stamps and the PanPastels HERE, at the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps web store.


And... don't forget to join us HERE:

Fans of Blue Knight Rubber Stamps (Facebook group) is HERE

and the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps YouTube Channel is HERE
and

You'll find my YouTube channel, In The Studio with Michelle,  HERE

and you can subscribe to my blog on the upper right of this page!

4 comments:

  1. Michelle,the Stag is a great stamp he is on my next list ! The colors you used are beautiful! They make him stand so tall ! 💕🐒🐢🎈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese!
      This guy is a good addition to a wish list!

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!