Saturday, August 15, 2020

Creating a Card with a Blue Knight Rubber Stamps Favorite ~ Lighthouse on the Beach

Hello, my Crafty and Creative Friends!

It's Saturday, and that means that it's time for me to hare my Blue Knight Rubber Stamps Weekly Design Team Inspiration project with you!

As promised, I am sharing cards with you this month that are super easy to create.

Today's card was created with a Blue Knight favorite of mine...LIGHTHOUSE on the BEACH.
I have loved this stamp from the very first time that I inked it up and created my very first card with it.

This stamped image is a perfect match for some quick and easy PanPastel coloring...with a little bit of PanPastel color blending...this card came together in a flash!

As always when using PanPastels, I stamped the image using a stamp positioning tool...
I left the stamp in place in the tool and set it aside.

I used Blue Knight's Select PanPastel palettes to color the image....starting out by coloring the sand...boulders and water first.
I didn't need to use the PanPastel colorless blender on these areas...the blending that I did with the sponge and a few colors right on the card stock was sufficient in getting the blended look that I wanted.

I used a green marker to add some colored detail to the sprigs of grass scattered around the boulders and on the sand

Then...I added the cloudy sky with Blue Knight's Heidi Pettie Cloud Stencil. Here, I used the colorless blender to soften and blend the blues and greys that I used to create the clouds.

I opted not to add color to the lighthouse.

PanPastel coloring leaves some residue on the image that dulls its sharpness...
So, I returned the colored piece to the stamp positioning tool and restamped the image to shapen up the image lines and detail

Finally...I added a silhouette sailboat from Blue Knight's FOOTBRIDGE stamp set to the scene 

Next...I sealed the image with a light misting of NEXXUS Comb Thru Hairspray.
If you follow my blog...you already know about the Hairspray thing...
If you're new to my blog..I'll explain a bit:
Using hairspray was recommended to me by our local art shop.

(*Note...sealing with NEXXUS is not archival safe...If you want your colored piece to be archival safe you'll need to use an art-grade sealant that is archival safe....
NEXXUS COMB THRU is the brand that I recommend. Using cheaper heavier hair sprays won't do the job as nicely. I encourage you to invest in NEXXUS Comb Thru (not their other version of hairspray...Comb Thru works best)


Finally...I chose a deep blue metallic card stock for matting the image piece...I assembled the card... 
And.... it was complete!


There you have it...a super easy super speedy card....

I hope that you'll give it a try!

Note: I love using this image and PanPastels to create a set of 6  of this card to give as gifts to friends...using PanPastels for coloring makes this a fun easy project that isn't tedious or time consuming.

You can find each of today's featured stamps and the Blue Knight PanPastel Palettes HERE, at the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps web store.


And... don't forget to join us HERE:

Fans of Blue Knight Rubber Stamps (Facebook group) is HERE

and the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps YouTube Channel is HERE
and

You'll find my YouTube channel, In The Studio with Michelle,  HERE
and you can subscribe to my blog on the upper right of this page 


Thanks for visiting today...
Wishing you a wonderful and creative day!
Michelle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!