Friday, April 8, 2016

A CAS Die Cut Flower

I am doing nicely with my promise 
(to myself)
which means that I am getting out new things that I haven't opened ..yet..
and I am trying them out.

The flower die used on this card was today's 
"get it out and give it a try"

*Sorry, I can't tell you who makes the die..or what the name if the die is...
(I threw away the packaging months ago when I organized my dies)

This is a 2 die set...
an overly...
and an underlay...
(there's a solid black under-lay of card stock beneath the lacy upper die cut)

I created 2 versions of this CAS card...
6 cards total..
2 Mother's Day
and
4 Birthday
Both sentiments were stamped onto the vellum strip with Versamark Ink 
and then heat embossed with Black Fine Detail Embossing Powder
I added Clear Wink of Stella to the flower and the opened leaf
and finished the card with a few scattered sequins.
The Swiss Dots embossed black card stock layer under the flower 
was placed on the wood grain-look print mat layer
with dimensionals for added dimension.
(I love dimension and texture on a card)

Wish you could see the foil on the flower...
and the Swiss dots embossing on the black card stock layer under the flower
(the DCWV paper pad that I used has lots of nice foiled sheets of paper)

Just a few sequins add a little bit of sparkle...
along with the Wink of Stella (clear)


I love the enamel-like look of the black heat embossing on vellum


Just a little bit of sparkle...
that's all that this card needed

I'm glad that I took this die duo out for a test drive...
It's a great focal element for a CAS card
and was nice to work with.

Card loving friends: This card, in both the Mother's Day version and the Happy Birthday version, are available for purchase at The Bellissima Card Shop

Card making friends: A brief supply list (minus the name of the die) is posted below.

Thanks for visiting!
Michelle.

Supply List:
Paper & Card Stock: Papertrey Ink, DCWV Peachy Keen, Vellum
Embossing Folder: Swiss Dots
Embossing Powder: Sparkle N Sprinkle
Misc: Sequins, Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Tip marker 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!