Saturday, July 1, 2017

BIG Flower...BIG Color...

A few days ago...I shared a few cards created with an Anna Griffin stamp.
Today, I'm sharing 2 cards created with another stamp from the same Anna Griffin kit.
This image is a large sized flower...
one that almost fills an A2 card front.

I'm currently on a water coloring kick...
So, to start out...
I stamped the image with Versamark ink...
next...
 I heat embossed a few of this image with Sparkle n Sprinkle Gold Embossing Powder 
I chose a few Altenew purple ink pads to "paint" the flower...and the background
and a few orange and yellow Stampin Up ink pads to "paint" the butterfly. 
I used Crafter's Companion/Spectrum Noir AQUA card stock for stamping and painting
and LCI Metallic card stock for matting.
I also chose a print for each card that complemented the image
The sentiments for both cards are from the SNIPPETS stamp set (Penny Black)


This is the purple version...
If stamped with regular ink..this stamp would have lots of shaded areas.
But, because I heat embossed the image...
the shaded areas are the areas with lots of gold embossing.
I water colored the image and background with the ink pads noted above
using a traditional paint brush.
The print layer is a soft dotted purple print
and the matting is a deep metallic purple.
I chose the sentiment pieces form the Snippets stamp set...
Stamped them out...and trimmed and matted them.
The image layer was positioned with a large piece of fun foam for added dimension.


For the second card..I chose to water color the image with different shades of pink
and the butterfly with pink and orange.
I LOVE the print that I chose for this card...a worn wood look print.
I chose gold matting for this card.

I wasn't sure about this image when I first stamped it out and embossed it.
I just wasn't sure if it would thrill me after it was water colored etc.
In the end...I can say that I DO like this stamped image...a lot.

The Anna Griffin kit that I referred to has lots of great card making stamps...
I'm looking forward to trying each one in the near future.

Thanks for visiting today my crafty and creative friends!
Have a wonderful Saturday!
Michelle.

1 comment:

  1. really like the second one ...the colours are so pretty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!