Saturday, June 17, 2017

Using a Foiled Coloring Sheet to Create a Few Cards

I was tidying up the studio a few evenings ago
and came across some Colorista goodies that I have had for a while..
but haven't had the time to un-box...or try.
I had lots of Crafter's Companion Colorista Markers and Coloring books...
Some of the books have foiled sheets...and they caught my eye.
I also had a new Impression Obsession Sentiment stamp (Beautiful People)
 that I've been wanting to use...
So I got that out as well...

I chose a page from one of the books that had a print that was smaller 
and would be card-making-friendly.
(Some of the prints are very large...and wouldn't work well for card making.)

After cleaning and tidying the studio...
it was really nice...and relaxing... to sit down for a little while to color. 
After I had the page colored
I cut it into three equal side strips to create 3 cards


The foiling on the coloring sheets is beautiful
and adds just a little bit of sparkle to each card.
I chose LCI's Violet Metallic Card Stock to mat the flower strip and the sentiment.
The base mat is LCI's Wedding White Metallic Card Stock
There's lots of soft shimmer on this card with the foiling and the metallic card stock...which is nice.
I popped the sentiment up on fun foam for some added dimensions...
and finished the card with one simple small rhinestone  
positioned within the scroll of the letter "B" in "Beautiful"
I'm a true-blue CAS (Clean And Simple) card maker..
and THIS card is true to that style!


It was fun to create a few cards with a coloring sheet..
The Colorista Pads are really nice...
The paper quality is great...nice and hefty...
and there's no smudging of the images when colored with the Colorista markers..
The foiling is really nice...and resists the marker color so it shines nicely.

As a card maker...I do wish that all of the pages in the book
were smaller prints...more useful for card making.
I'm glad that I have all of these great Crafter's Companion Colorista goodies in my studio-stash
and it's nice to know that sometimes..I can just choose a page to color...
and incorporate the finished page into some card making.

Thanks for visiting today, my crafty and creative friends ...
Have a wonderful Saturday!
Michelle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!