Sunday, June 18, 2017

Digging into Some Goodies from Creative Vision Stamps!

YAY!
I FINALLY had some time to get my crafty little hands 
on some new-to-me goodies from Creative Vision Stamps  
that have been sitting at the end of my studio worktable for about month!
(Some for stamping....and some for foiling)

One stamp, in particular, caught my eye...
"Enjoy Your Retirement"(Creative Vision Stamps)
So I chose it for the first of what will be a few Creative Visions projects!
I chose to color the image with Copic Markers....
and added a speech bubble die cut from
Hero Arts "Everything Smiles" Stamp and Cut set
I added a little bit of twine...did lots of matting...
and chose an Avocado print by PTI (Papertrey Ink) to complement the colored image
and I used Stampin Up solid card stock for matting


(Here's what I did....In case you're thinking of creating a similar card of your own)

I colored the image with Copic markers 
and then die cut it with a stitch rectangle die.
I used the die as a stencil 
and added background color with Clarity Stencil Brushes and ink pads.
(Using the die as a stencil allowed me to add background color 
while creating an keeping a clean crisp white edge. 
For matting...I chose a card stock color that picked up the gecko's colors nicely... 
and also complemented the avocado colored dotted print.
I stamped one sentiment for the die cut speech bubble..and inked the bubble a little bit
then stamped..trimmed and matted the second sentiment..and inked it as well. 
I punched small holes at each end of the sentiment and embellished it with some raw linen thread.
I positioned the image layer...speech bubble and sentiment with fun foam
for added dimension
and..
Wha-la....
I created 3 of this card with this adorable image! 

I really can't recall when I last created a Retirement card...
so it was nice to create 3 of this card...to add to my card stash 
The image is cute....and was fun to color...
and I enjoyed creating a sketch around this little guy as the focal image.

I still have some more Creative Vision  goodies that I NEED to use for the first time...
The tough part is deciding which I'd like to use next!

Thanks for visiting today, my crafty and creative friends!
Have a beautiful Sunday!
Michelle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!