Friday, April 21, 2017

Violets....For Mother's Day

It's time to start making Mothers Day cards...
When I had stamped out the images for my infamous stack of 145 colored images in March....
I made sure to choose some images that would be useful for Mother's Day.

For my first little stack of Mother's Day cards
I chose the colored images that were stamped with
Our Daily Bread's Violet stamp.
Very apropos, because my Mom...who passed away 7 years ago... had a magical green thumb 
for every plant that she ever encountered...
but she especially had a green thumb when it came to violets.
She had the magic touch...
and would grow the most beautiful flowering violet plants...from a single leaf.


I created 5 Violet cards....all for Mother's Day.
I colored the images with Copic markers.
I added background color around the image, with Clarity Stencil brushes and ink pads...
Stamped the happy Mother's Day with a stamp form Our Daily Bread's All Mother's stamp set.
I used a die from the Spellbinders Labels 10 die set
to create the die cut window in the deep purple metallic card stock.
After the window was cut
I embossed the purple metallic card stock with Swiss Dots embossing folder 
(an oldie..but a goodie..and always a favorite of mine!)
I positioned the embossed purple window piece with foam dimensionals.
The banner is also a Spellbinders die.
I cut two banners...and used the purple one to mat the white sentiment banner.
To finish the card..I added a few Crystal Clear sequins.



Purple and green always seem to go together nicely when creating botanical/floral cards.



In this photo...you can see the banner matting...Swiss Dots embossing...
and the dimension created by positioning the purple card stock with foam dimensionals.


Myy first few Mother's day cards are complete!
I'll make a few more...and as soon as may arrives..I'll start working on Father's day cards.

Have a wonderful Friday my crafty and creative friends...
Thanks for visiting!
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!