Thursday, April 6, 2017

Shimmery Sea Shells

Lately....friends have been asking me to make cards for them...
Cards that they have seen me make in the past.
Sometimes they ask for the exact card that I had created in the past...
and sometimes, they ask for a variation of a card .

This time, I was asked to create a birthday card that would be compatible 
with a beach themed Sweet 16 party.
My friend loved a seashell card that I had created last Fall...
That had a beautiful quote.

This time...for the Sweet 16...
I switched out the quote...for a Happy Birthday sentiment.

The seashells are from Sheena Douglass' Sea Shells stamp set.
I colored the sea shells with Copic markers...
Then topped them off with Clear Wink of Stella for some pretty sparkle and cut them out by hand.
I used a deckled oval die to cut out the window on the blue/green metallic card stock.
The black layer is also metallic card stock.
Some of the sea shells were positioned with foam dimensionals...as was the blue green window piece.

I stamped the sentiment onto a strip of vellum and wrapped it under the edge of the window piece.


You can see the Clear Wink of Stella nicely in this photo.
It adds just the right amount of sparkle and shimmer, I think.
(*Sorry...I don't remember which stamp set the "Happy Birthday" is from)


So there you have it!
A repeat performance of a past card....with a different sentiment.
Sometimes, revisiting a card is a fun thing to do.
THIS....was one of those times!

Have a great Thursday my crafty and creative friends...
Don't forget to take time to create something wonderful today!
Michelle.

3 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the sparkle on the shells and the colour combo! Great card ❤️It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! You DO know I love when you make "past cards"!!! The "vintage, retired, Bellissima classics!!"
    😜😜😜😜

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!