Saturday, April 8, 2017

A Scruffy Little Surprise

I recently purchased a nice assortment of Scruffy Little Kitten stamps
at a big on line clearance sale.
I wasn't sure that I would like them...
(They're not my usual "stamping style")
But...I thought that I'd give them a try....simply because the price was fantastic.

As it turns out...
I stamped a few of them out early in March
when I was choosing images for my little stack of 145 colored images.

I Colored them worth Copic markers...
and...
SURPRISE!
I wound up liking them!
(A lot!)

Now, I am working my way through the stack of colored images...
creating cards with them...
and thought that I'd create a few cards with a few of the Scruffy images.

I chose "Hallie" first..


I used a small assortment of Copic markers to color the image.
(The light brown highlighting of Hallie's hair doesn't show up very well in this photo.)
I chose a coral colored card stock for matting
The bottom-most layer of card stock was embossed with a small dotted embossing folder.
I added background color to the image & sentiment banner with Clarity Stencil Brushes and ink pads.
I stamped and hand cut the sentiment banner and positioned it with foam dimensionals.
and added a lacy doily before positioning the image piece with self adhesive fun foam. 
I added what Nuvo Drops to the sentiment piece as a final touch.


Here's a close-up...
You can see the layering and dimension nicely in this photo.
I love a clean crisp looking card...
and for me....the white lace doily and white Nuvo Drops keep this card clean and crisp looking.


I have to say...
I'm surprised with myself!
I really didn't think that I would like the Scruffy Little Kitten stamps/images.
But I DO!
They're definitely a diversion from the style of stamps that I usually gravitate to.

Creating my first Scruffy card with the "Hallie" image was a good choice.
it's a sweet and adorable image...
and...it was fun to color and create a card with.
So...I'll happily credit Hallie with getting me started with liking Scruffy Little Kitten stamps!

I've already got the "Benjie" image on standby...
and will create a card with it tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful Saturday, my crafty and creative friends!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!