Monday, October 10, 2016

Wicked and Wonerful!

When I was re-organizing and putting away new stamp sets the other night
I set aside some stamp sets...both old and new...
that I wanted to make a card with .....soon...in the near future

One of the stamp sets that caught my eye
is Wicked....from CTMH (Close to My Heart)
I've had this stamp set for a very long time
but have never used it.

Last night...
I inked it up....and I used it!

Once again I have to say...
thank goodness for my MISTI and STAMPOHOLIC stamping/positioning tools.
This silhouette image stamp took numerous inkings and re-inking
in order to get a full, black, solid, non-potty image. 
The positioning tools made that an almost fool-proof cinch.

I wanted to create a card that had a different fold...
and this design is one that I like...
and have used in the past.

I had some of the bat Halloween print left from prior Halloween card making a few weeks ago...
and knew that I wanted to use it for this card...
I stamped the image......then matted the piece after coloring the witches striped socks.
I then stamped and matted the sentiment... 
also from the Wicked stamp set...
I matted the sentiment...
Cut the prints to size...
and then put the card together....
dded two small rhinestones to the sentiment...
and wha-la
a card!

And now...
I've got a few photos to share with you!

(*NOTE: The bat print and the witches hat have a distressed look....as you'll see in the photos...
these are not imperfections in the print...or the stamping)


The half fold front with horizontal flap is a favorite of mine..
and it worked well with this witch image...and how it's positioned on the inside of the card.(The inside of the half flap is lined with print paper...for a finished look.
(*I DO NOT like leaving the back of the flap unfinished...
I think that it makes a card look incomplete.)


Here's a full view of the witch....
I love her modern look.
The only coloring involved with this card...
other than adding background color with Clarity Stencil brushes..
is her striped socks.


I carefully positioned the flap over the center of the witch image...
to create balance...
making sure to let the crow look like he as siting on the edge of the sentiment piece.

and finally..
A closeup of the sentiment piece...with the rhinestones.
(You can also see the distressed look on the print..and the distressed white lines on the witches hat)


Once again...
I am ending a blog spot saying something that I find myself saying 
with every card that I have been creating lately......
"This card was fun to create!"

and...
 it makes me wonder why, for years, I never took this stamp set out  to created a few cards (?)

Have a wonderful and creative day my crafty friends...
Thanks for visiting!
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!