Sunday, October 16, 2016

Blue Bird on a Branch

I am so excited about sharing today's card with you.
(REALLY REALLY excited!)

My evening in the studio didn't start out so great...
I had all sorts of tech problems...
Camera issues...Photo lightbox issues..
computer and internet issues.
I was not a happy camper.

I had zero patience to deal with any of that...
and let my frustrations be known.
(Poor Gary listened to my rant)
I set all of the tech stuff aside...
and decided to tidy up some things that were piled up on my studio desk
since the garage sale...
almost a month ago.

I had some new stamp sets to sort and put away...
a few floral images.
When I started  going thru the bird and flower stamps..
I spotted my Hero Arts Color Layering Bird &  Branch stamp set.
I've had it for a while..but have never inked it up.
I looked at it..
and I knew that creating a card with that stamp set would get me back in a good mood.
(The beneficiary of the restored good mood would be my sweetheart...Gary...
because trust me when I tell you that he was the sounding board for my tech related  meltdown)

As it turns out..
My suspicions were correct.
As soon as I started creating this card...
I was back to my old self.
and feeling .....H A P P Y

I had THE BEST TIME creating these cards.
I started out thinking that I'd make one...
and instead...
I wound up making 6.

Brace yourself, my crafty & creative friends ...
I was so thrilled with the finished cards...
I couldn't stop myself from taking photos


A little bit of info abut the materials & supplies...
As I mentioned above..the stamp set is: Color Layering Bird & Branch (Hero Arts)
I used Altenew Crisp ink pads for all of the stamping
with the exception of the branch...which was stamped with Ranger Archival
The background was created with Stampin Up ink pads and Clarity Stencil brushes.
The dark teal mat layer was embossed with a We R Memory Keepers Next Level Embossing Folder.
The image layer was matted with  light chartreuse card stock
I left the inside of each card blank...so that I can add specific sentiments as needed...
or leave them blank...so they can be used as a generic note card.

Here's a close-up...



Ordinarily...I'd stop sharing photos now...
after showing you the close-up...
but I was so in love with this bird...I kept taking photos....
so....here's an extra super-duper  close-up....



and a group shot...

and one final group shot....
(I promise...last photo!)


Oh My Gosh!!!
I am in LOVE with this stamp set...
and can't wait to create more cards with it...
I am already thinking of the color combos that I'd like to try...

Thanks for visiting, my crafty and creative friends...
Wishing you a wonderful Sunday...
Michelle.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!