Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Another Image Saved! ...Thank You, Clarity Stencil Brushes!

My love of Clarity Stencil Brushes keeps growing.
(it's actually become an obsession

Yesterday, I shared a cards, here at my blog...
of an embossed image that I almost tossed into the trash...
but instead...
I added color with some beautiful ink colors...
and my Clarity Stencil Brushes.

I mentioned, yesterday..
that I had another heat embossed image
that has been sitting on my desk...in the studio....for  a long time.
(I  actually kinda forgot about it)
When I stamped and heat embossed it months ago...
I just wasn't thrilled with it...
and felt at a loss about what to do with it t create a card.
and..
I was thinking that it would eventually be destined for the trash.
It sat on my desk since then...
Until I came across it yesterday...
grabbed my clarity brushes.......
and created this card that I had shared here yesterday...


I loved how the card above turned out...
and thought that I'd use the brushes and ink pads to add color to the second abandoned image.


and....
here's what I came up with...
The gold embossing is fantastic, I think!


I stamped all of the different images from the stamp set to create my own design...
(Stampin Up's Lighthearted Leaves )
I heat embossed with Gold embossing powder.
All of the color was applied using the Clarity Stencil Brushes...and an assortment of ink pads.
I created the little sentiment tag-banners...
and...
used gold embroidery thread to embellish the card front and to attach the sentiment pieces.
I chose chocolate brown metallic card stock for the mat layer.


I really enjoyed creating the first card (Thank You card)
and the second card (above)

There's one problem, though....
Now I want to make a whole lotta cards using this technique...
Stampe...Heat emboss...Clarity Brushes.
Simple.
Easy.
Fun.


One last look...
different lighting...
The gold embossing is more subtle in this light...
and the colors appear to be deeper.....more vibrant.


Bottom line(?)
I am SO VERY HAPPY that I didn't toss these images in the trash months ago!

Have a great day, my crafty friends...
Thanks for visiting.
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!