Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Creating Cards with Long Ago Colored Images from My "Stash"

It's been almost 2 months since Ive shared a card here at my blog.
I've been MIA for good reasons...
Life has been busy...and good.
And now, I am finding my way back to card making
I've missed spending time in my studio...creating.
It feels good to "be back"

Today, I'm making up for the absence of cards here at my blog
by sharing a dozen cards!
Yes...a dozen cards!

A local book shop sells my cards
and reached out to me the other day to say 
that they were in desperate need of cards.
My display rack was empty.

I knew, immediately, how I would deliver the cards within a few days.

I would go to my big stash of colored images.
The images that I color whenever I want to do something creative on vacation.
the images that I have colored when I've gone to an all day Crop.
The images that I have colored...and never used to create cards.

I went through the stack of colored images 
and pulled out 36 that caught my eye.
Some were one of a kind.
Some were in duplicate...triplicate...quadruplicate.
I had lots to work with.

The images were all stamped and colored on 1/4 sheets of card stock.
So the first thing I did was crop them...or die cut them.
Next...I added backgrounds to the ones that I wanted to have color in the background.

Then.I started matching mat colors and print s to the images.
After I selected the mats and prints..I began cutting....and trimming.

My card making style is truly CAS
so the sketch/design of the cards would be very CAS
which worked out well especially this time
because I needed to crank out the cards...
and crank them out fast.

I had the best time making these cards.
I LOVED having a big varied stack of colored images to start out with.
I stated this little project Saturday evening
and finished it up Sunday,
In the end, I had 36 completed cards.

Today, I'm sharing 12 of the cards.
(I'll share the other 12 tomorrow)
I created 36 cards...but some were in duplicate
So I've got 24 different card pics....not 36.

So here we go.
A look at a dozen cards
created with colored images form my stash
and an assortment of sentiments that I added as I put the cards together.
(PS...some of the images were colored 4...5...6 years ago
using stamp sets that I've long since given away.
So this truly was a card making trip down memory lane for me,
The first few cards were created with Crocus stamps
from Divinity Designs
(previously known as Our Daily Bread Designs)







This beautiful cake image
is by Catherine Scanlon
(Art Gone Wild)
and it's called Birthday Cake


We all know and love Reilly...
He's always a cutie to create a few cards with




I love the wood grain print paper.



These next few images leave me with a big question mark
hanging over my head.
I want to say Stampin Up.
But I'm not sure.
And I mean Stampin from a longgg time ago.
But again...I'm not sure.







Here's another that I am clueless about
I have no idea about the details of either the floral stamps
or the sentiment stamp
(The sentiment stamp might be from PTI (Papertrey Ink)
but again, don't bet on me being right about that.


How about these blasts from the past!
This stamp set is called Golden Oldies..
and yes...the images are oldies
and the stamp set is a Stampin Up oldie...
Let's face it..
These are oldies.
No matter how we look at it!





How about this cutie...
from High Hopes.
I believe that this stamp set might be called
Best Day Ever
PS...I have a MAJOR HOARD of PTIs dotted print paper
in every color they ever made it in
I will sob if and when I use the last piece.
(By then I will be approximately 97...may 98 years old
because the hoard is a significant one)


The next few cards are Stampin Up images
The first 2 are from a set called Topiary (something or other)
I don't know the full name of this stamp set.
I look at the first 2 cards and think...
WHY did I give that set away?
(I still kinda like it.)
By the way...
I always thought the blue and pink foil paper was ugly
But....I gave it a chance with these 32 cards...and I like it.
A lot.




Stampin Up: Totally Trees



I love this sentiment stamp
But have no clue as to who makes it.

This bird is a Hero Arts Layering stamp.
I need to get this stamp set out and make a few more cards with it
I like it
But had forgotten all about it
until I came across this stamped image in my stash of colored images.
One of the book shop owners loved this card when she saw it...
(She always likes the bird cards that I make)



She also liked this one
(I have no idea who makes this sweet little stamp...sorry)


This card was water colored with a pre-printed image on a small pad 
of water color-able images...


                                        These big bold flowers are from Dare to Be Artzy
                                                              Always a fave of mine.
                                            I've made countless cards with this stamp set called 
                                                                  Vines of Love





And last but not least...
these cuties.
Art Impressions Fur-Ever.
I just love thee two
The dogs expression cracks me up.


So..
those are the first 12 cards I have to share with you.
I'll be back to share the remaining 12 with you
in a day or two.

Thanks for visiting today...
I hope that you found a little bit of inspiration here at my blog.
If you are one of the many people who commented 
when I posted a photo Saturday evening when I started making these cards
and said hat you also have a stash of colored images...
I say...get them out...
and use them!
I had such a nice, fun and relaxing time creating these cards
and  think that you will too!

Have a terrific Tuesday!
Michelle.

6 comments:

  1. Michelle,beautiful cards as always! Reminds me of spring ! So it must be on its way !. The nights are chilly but I believe that the cold is gone for awhile!
    So many beautiful images! Along with the gorgeous papers that make your cards !
    Thanks for sharing ! Have a wonderful week can’t wait for the next set! 🎈🐢🐒🐢

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What wonderful cards. You certainly know how to make awesome ones. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute cards! Can’t believe you had all these images laying around! I have some of the ODBD crocuses. I still use them from time to time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!