Monday, April 30, 2018

22 Cards...22 Hints of Spring

Springtime just doesn't seem to want to find it's way to Long Island this year
so...
I thought that I'd create a little bit of my very own Springtime right here...in my studio!

I pulled out a few PENNY BLACK floral stamp sets
(BOTANICAL GARDEN & SUNSHINE FLOWERS)

I also chose an assortment of sentiment s from a variety of stamp sets
Stampendous: SPANISH GREETINGS & BIRTHDAY WISH 
Penny Black: HEARTFELT THANKS
Reverse Confetti: IN A BIG WAY

First...I stamped the images....
22 of them!
(Enough to create a few cards with each image that I chose)

I colored them with Copic markers
Then die cut each one with a die from 
MFTs SCALLOPED RECTANGLE STAX DIE SET.
Next, I added background color with CLARITY STENCIL BRUSHES 
and an assortment of INK PADS.
I chose print paper that went well with each colored floral image
and then chose metallic card stock colors for the largest mat layers.
I added clear NUVO DROPS to finish each card.

and...
this is what I wound up with...
22 hints of Spring!











It's been a while since I've made Spanish language cards...
So...I made sure to create a few cards with Spanish sentiments




If you follow my blog..
you already know that I almost always create my mat layers with metallic card stock.
Here's a close-up that will show you WHY I love metallics so much
(Look at that shimmer!)


Above: A champagne colored metallic
Below: an antique gold colored metallic

I had THE BEST time creating this stack of 22 "similar but different" CAS cards.
These last few months I haven't spent much time in my studio.
It felt GREAT to get into the studio...
and to create some Spring-y cards!

Thanks for visiting today, my crafty and creative friends!
Wishing you a marvelous Monday!
Michelle.

8 comments:

  1. I feel SPRING after seeing your gorgeous cards from PB Stamps! Each one of them is DELIGHTFUL, Michelle! FAB!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Virginia!
      PB has so many wonderful floral images...(as you know!)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Spring-y cards! I really like the "scalloped" mat you used, looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Denise....
      I love that scalloped die set...I always have it out on the studio worktable...(never put it away)...because I use it all of the time...

      Delete
  3. Good morning Michelle! I love all your cards, so springy!! When you do your backgrounds, do you use a mask over your flowers, or just be careful? And which type of ink do you think works best for the background? Thanks for your help! Again,love all your card creations. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Lynn....I used the die and the stencil when inking the background...and was just careful when working close to the flowers...(I TRY to avoid masking whenever possible...LOL)
      For today's cards...I used Stampin Up ink...But most inks work well....(Gina K...The original distress inks...)...I usually don;t use Distress oxides for this type of background color.
      It's helpful, when adding background color wiht the Clarity brushes and ink pads..to use ULTRA SMOOTH card stock...this will avoid you getting inky spots and flecks of color on the brushed area...(I like Spectrum Noir ULTRA SMOOTH...it's great for background inking like this,..pencil coloring and blending...and Copic coloring)
      I hope this info is helpful...If you have any other questions...you're welcomed to message me vis FB private message.. :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for all the helpful info! I have the card stock you recommended (😉 I got it from your recommendation once before -- you enabler)! All your tips to us are always so helpful!

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!