Tuesday, December 13, 2016

One card Created with a Few Stamp Sets and a Little Bit of Masking

I masked!!!
I masked!!!
I faced my fears and I masked!
I'm still not a fan of masking...
but...I did it!
I masked!

I have to add...
It wasn't by choice...
It was by necessity.

I felt like coloring a Christmas cat image. 
 I had no plan.
I just felt like "using" a cute cat image that I have in my stash of Christmas and Holiday stamp sets.
(I almost always have a card sketch in my head when I start stamping)
This time?
No plan. No sketch in my head. Nuthin'
No clue as to what I would do with the cat after coloring it.
I just had the stamp...an ink pad...and my Spectrum Noir (Alcohol) Markers.
That's it.
No plan.

After the cat was colored..I liked it ...a lot..
and didn't want him to go to waste.
None of the other stamps in the set were calling out to me ...
I started browsing through  all of my Christmas and Holiday stamps...
and found a few possibilities.
I pulled out a stamp from here...and a stamp from there...
and then...Uh Oh...
TROUBLE.
A feeling of DREAD came over me.

I realized that I would have to  do some masking to complete the little scene 
that I wanted to create for the card.
DREAD. DREAD DREAD
Masking.
No No Noooooo
I DO NOT LIKE TO MASK

Ugh...
but I did it...
I masked the cat and the packages on the left... so that I could stamp the tree....
and this is what I wound up with...
(I'm glad that I didn't give up when I realized that I'd have to do some making...
because in the end...I was very happy with the card.


Other than the dreaded masking...
I really had fun creating this card.
I got to use a few different stamp sets...
and a great sheet of colorful holly and berry print paper....a little bit of silver embroidery thread
some metallic card stock...
Ink pads and Clarity stencil brushes to add background color...
and wha-la!
A Card!


Am I over my dislike for masking??
Heck no!
But...after this experience...I can deal with it.
A little bit.

In case you're liking the images used to create this card...
I'll share the stamp set info with you:
Sunny Studio: Santa's Helpers (for the cat and sentiment)
Sunny Studio: Gleeful Reindeer (for the tree, lights in the corner and the gifts)
Mama Elephant O Tiny Tree (for the ornaments)

Thanks for visiting, my crafty and creative friends..
have a wonderful day!
(Stay warm...it's chilly here on Long Island today!)
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!