Tuesday, March 29, 2016

It' Party Time!

I needed to make one birthday card for a 16th birthday
for a friend.
The card was enjoyable to create...
so I thought that I'd make a few extras
(my etsy card shop)

I've had this banner die for quite a while
but this was the first time I've used it.
It was instant love.
I really like this die.

I paired it up with another recent favorite...
The Stampin Up Large Numbers Framelits Die set 
which is part of the Number of Years bundle
(The stamp set is really nice too)

I've got oodles of card stock colors...
so I chose a few colors that caught my eye...
and then  began die die cutting, embossing and assembling the 16th birthday card..
and a few others, that can be customized, in the future,  with the number(s) of a specific birthday.

This is the card for the 16th birthday that I created for my friend..
it's very true to my CAS  of card making..
don't you agree?

 I just love the We R Memory Keepers banner die
and the Stampin Up Large Numbers dies
It's difficult to see the trio of dots embossed on the black card stock...
but they're there!

The yellow card stock behind the banner die cuts is a nice contrast
and the prints used to the numbers worked well too, I think.
The embossing on the black card stock shows a little bit in this photo...

This is the inside sentiment


A few weeks ago...
The same friend asked me to create the 2 cards below
for twin sisters who are turning 16
My friend has a son who is the age now when he is attending lots of 16th birthday parties
I remember those days well...
when my daughter seemed to have a full time job...
attending Sweet 16 parties...





So, after I created the black card, above
I created these.
(minus the numbers so that they can be customized in the future)
                




I enjoyed using the banner die...
I probably would have gone on and on creating more...
but alas..it was getting late...
and time to call it a day
I always lose track of time when I am in my studio...
and am always surprised when it's time to turn off the lights...
and call it a day.
But...
there's always tomorrow...
and tomorrow I'll be doing what I love best...
water coloring!!
...for friends who asked for peony cards and hydrangea cards


Card loving friends: This birthday banner card..in the assortment of colors shown, is available for purchase at The Bellissima Card Shop, and will be customized with the number of your choice

   Card making friends: the supply list is posted below (minus the basics like trimmer..adhesives etc)

Thanks for visiting
Now....take a moment to remember how you celebrated your 16th birthday!
Michelle

Supply List:
Card stock & Paper: PTI, Stampin Up...Print paper Stampin Up It's My Party 12 x 12 Paper Pad
Dies: We R Memory Keepers- Cut Outs Die- Banners, Stampin Up Large Numbers Framelits
Embossing: Sizzix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!