Monday, April 9, 2018

Back in the Studio

I finally got back into my studio for some card making time!

Somehow...
My plan of taking one month off from card making
to purge and do some studio reorganization
turned into a few months of no card making.
So, getting back to doing what I love really felt great!

I wanted to do some ink blending with Ken Oliver's Color Burst inks..
(Particularly the Turquoise, Chartreuse and Lime Green)



I never seem to have enough birthday cards on had ...
So, I chose to use Hampton Art/Mama Elephant UP WE GO stamp and die set
for today's cards.
I colored the images with Copic Markers...hand cut a sentiment banner
added some Nuvo Drops
and...
This is what I came up with! 
(I almost always create in multiples)


I love how the Turquoise, Lime Green and Chartreuse blend together


I stamped the string portion of the balloon image onto the inked card stock
and positioned the die cut balloon piece over the stamped strings for added dimension.
 also used foam dimensionals for the little cutie holding the balloons.
 I matted the image layer and the hand cut sentiment banner 
and used fun foam to position both pieces.
I chose clear Nuvo Drops to finish the card


It felt great to spend some time in the studio creating both of these cards.
I'm a fan of Ken Oliver's (new) Color Burst inks
and am glad that I chose them for today's cards.
(I left them out on the studio work table because I want to do some more inking with them)


Thanks for visiting today, my crafty and creative friends!
Wishing you a marvelous Monday
Michelle

4 comments:

  1. Very cute, the background looks great. Just last week I went looking for new cards from you. I was away from FB and the computer for about a month too. Glad all is well and you are back. Looking forward to more gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much El...
      It felt great to make a few cars again!

      Delete
  2. They are just amazing as always

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!