Monday, July 3, 2017

Crocus & Violet Cards

I was tidying up a bit in the studio...
and found some "parts and pieces" from a past card making project.
So I took the pieces..sat down...and created a few sympathy cards.

The "Violets" stamp set is by Our Daily Bread Designs....
The images were colored with Spectrum Noir Aquablend Pencils
The purple metallic card stock  is by LCI....
and it was embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder
The "window" was cut with a Spellbinders die
Background color was added with an ink pad and Clarity Stencil Brushes.
I used an assortment of sentiment stamps...from different stamp sets
and hand cut the sentiment banners 
which were also given some background color with the brushes and ink.
I finished the cards with a few small crystal clear sequins.




I also came across a few of this Copic colored Crocus image while tidying up...
(Also by Our Daily Bread)
and put together 2 quickie little note cards.
Not sure if you can see it...but the images were stamped onto a linen textured card stock 
that has an embossed framed edge.
I chose a nice print...matted the images with purple LCI metallic card stock
 The print was matted with green metallic card stock...
Simple...easy...
and done!


I gave this image a little bit of background color.
(Interesting to see how the Copics worked on linen textured cad stock....
That was a first for me with this specific linen card stock)


My studio tidying MUST continue...
I've been spending lots of time water coloring...
and the studio worktable...as well as my desk are "out of control"
so I need to wrangle everything up...return it to it's place...
and take a deep breath!
(This makes me wonder what else I may unearth while doing more tidying!)

Have a wonderful Monday, my crafty and creative friends!
Thanks for visiting today!
Michelle.

4 comments:

  1. Your cards are so beautiful! I love coloring flowers. I have the violet stamp too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sarah....
      I love ODB's floral stamps!

      Delete
  2. So pretty. Need to keep practicing my coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sweet cards and images ...I think swiss dots has to be one of my favourite embossing folders ...so versatile ..I only have a few but its always one I seem to use a lot ...good for Christmas cards too x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!