Thursday, July 20, 2017

Seeing Pink...and Some Knobby Knees

I visited Scrap-a-Latte last week...
( a favorite small local stamp and scrap shop East of where we live, here on Long Island)
and picked up a sweet little Reverse Confetti flamingo stamp and die set called THINK PINK.
I'm kinda picky about flamingo stamps/images
and up until now...
I hadn't found a Flamingo set that caught my eye.
Until...I spotted this Reverse Confetti set
I was drawn to this set for a few reasons
The size of the flamingos...
and the 2 additional stamps that came with it.
and...
I LOVE THE FLAMINGO'S KNOBBY KNEES!!

I also picked up lots of other card making bodies...
(emphasis on LOTS)
including the great Summery Photoplay print paper 
that I also used when creating this card

I stamped and colored the images with Copic Markers
then cut them out with the companion die set.
I prepared enough of each image to create 4 cards.
Next...I cut out the Arched Stax pieces (Arched Stax Dies by MFT)
and brushed ink on each to add
I chose a light green LCI metallic card stock color
and a pink matte card stock color for matting & layering
I assembled the card using foam dimensionals and fun foam for added dimension.

And..
this is what I whipped up!
I opted to color the the largest center image to resemble a patch of ground...as opposed to using blue to resemble water....as I've seen done most time.
(The water is portrayed in the inked blue background)
When inking the arched die cut piece...
I made sure to add the yellow in the area where I knew that I would place the sun.
The flamingos and arched die cut were positioned what foam dimensionals and fun foam...
and rolled glue dots
so there's lots of dimension on this card.
HERE'S A HELPFUL TIP:
I always use rolled glue dots in place of foam dimensionals in small and tiny spots...
On this card...I used the rolled glue dots behind the flamingos feet...and behind there heads. 


I had so much fun creating this stack of 4 identical cards.
I'm happy with how the color came together...
The images were nice to color...
(I LOVE the center image...with the ground ...rocks and tall grass)
and yes..
I LOVE the flamingos and there knobby knees!

Thanks for visiting today, my crafty and creative friends...
Have a wonderful day!
Michelle.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice card! Thank you for that tip about the rolled up glue dots. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!
      and you're very welcome...re the glue dots :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice card! Thank you for that tip about the rolled up glue dots. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle,So cute! Love it thanks for the tip about the rolled glue dots I learn something from you every day! 🐢🎈🐢

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!