Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Be Sunny from the Inside Out

Hello my crafty and creative friends!

I don't mind creating cards that take a decent amount of time...
or cards that might be a bit labor intensive
The joy comes in the creative process and watching a project evolve.
However....
Sometimes...
 A nice quickie ...
Simple...CAS card
is a very nice thing.
and.
I just so happen tohave a stamp that is perfect for an easy quickie CAS card.

I've had Spellbinders BE SUNNY stamp (a Tammy Tutterow Design) 
for quite a while..
but have never inked it up.

I felt like coloring...
but didn't feel like starting a big coloring project.
and...
with that in mind...this stamp came to mind!

I wanted to keep the card very clean looking...
and I wanted the large image to be the focal point.
(I wasn't looking to add embellishments..bling...background color etc)

I got out my Colorista Markers (Crafter's Companion)
(They're alcohol markers..with a nice fine tip...perfect for coloring narrow and small areas)
I matched up some prints and metallic card stock for matting.
and this is what I came up with.
A pink version...
With a pink print and matting...
and some pink coloring.


and...
this yellow and orange version...
I enjoyed blending colors on both cards to shade the lettering...

I really love this saying...
(makes sense ...because I love quote stamps...)
I love the size of this sentiment...because it's ideal for an A2 card front.
and...
I love that the sentiment allows for some coloring...
as opposed to being ink only

So thumbs up to this Tammy Tutterow Spellbinders stamp...
It was fun and relaxing to just sit..and color...
and match up some prints and metallic card stock colors...
to create a few CAS cards.

Thanks for visiting today...
Have a great Tuesday!
Michelle.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!