Wednesday, July 19, 2017

A Magical Mermaid

I have an aversion to mermaids
ALL mermaids.
I am not a fan of mermaids..
especially images of adult mermaids.
I've avoided...by choie...the mermaid stamp rage
UNTIL...
now!

I was at a local scrap shop last week 
and saw Sunny Studio's MAGICAL MERMAIDS stamp set 
and i liked it.
So I purchased the stamp and die set.
I can hardly believe that I am saying that I like a mermaid.
(LET ME CLARIFY....That's not ALL mermaids...It's just the cuties in this set)

This stamp set has lots and lots of great imagesthat you can use to create a mermaid scene.
I stamped out lots of the images that I wanted to create about a half dozen cards with.
I purchased the dies...but because I had stamped and colored so many images...
I wanted to use my ScanNCut to expedite cutting them out.

Here's what happened...
UGH
NOT GOOD.
(The card stock with the colored images shifted while the blade was cutting..
UGH
(well...actually...I didn't say UGH....I said  %$*# and &%$@)

But..I had enough images colored and ready to go...
This time...I made sure they were secure on the cutting mat...
and had success with cutting the remaining images.

The images were all Copic colored..
I created a stenciled tiny fish print layer for the card front.
(ECHO PARK ~ BABY FISH STENCIL)
A friend had sent me some 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of beautiful water colored paper..
So...for the blue ocean background I die cut an oval water colored shape...
and used the same shape die in smaller size to cut a window in the stenciled piece.
I created my underwater scene...
positioning some of the die cut piece with foam dimensionals for added dimension.
I positioned the stenciled fish layer with fun foam
an then positioned the remaining pieces of the scene as shown (partially over the stenciled fish layer)
I wanted lots of dimension on the card

Finally...
I can say that I like a mermaid!
This set is sweet..and adorable...
and has lots of nice images that all work well together
along with some nice sentiments 
(I chose to not use a sentiment because I want this card to be useful for all occasions)

So...thumbs up to Sunny Studio for making a convert out of me!
A mermaid liking convert!

Thanks for visiting today...
Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday!
Michelle.

5 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable. I too am not a mermaid fan but I borrowed a friends mermaid stamp because I wanted to do a water scene for the Assisted Living Center. Not finished yet but.... I have only had my ScanNCut a short while. I did the same thing the first day but luckily I had only two images on the page. I learned my lesson early to make sure it is stuck. Sorry you ruined so many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to step outside of ur norm. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle,you can make every thing look wonderful! She is so cute ! And even with the water drops ! I am with you Mermaids belong in the sea 🌊!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have used a few choice words too... that's the pits after all that coloring.
    Love the card you made! I am seeing some mermaid stamps I really like, and so far just have one set. I got that set over a year ago. Hard to believe how many mermaid sets are coming out... they are everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no! at least you had more, so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!