Wednesday, July 12, 2017

A Little Bit of Fabulous...A Beautiful Print...Some Sparkly Sparkle...and some Sheer Vellum.

I had a few sheets of really pretty print paper
that I just couldn't bring myself to cut up into small pieces...
OR...hide behind another layer of paper by using it as a mat layer.

So I cut the 12 x 12 sheet into 6 equal A2 card front sized pieces ( 4 x 5 1/4)
I chose a compatible LCI Metallic cardstock to mat the print.
I got out the "Fabulous" die (by The Ton)...
The "Beautiful" Stamp set by The Stamps of Life  
Some amazing sparkly purple glitter paper...
and some beautiful LCI Transparent LIMBA 30 lb Vellum..
and I created 6 "Fabulous" cards!

I started by matting each print piece...
Then die cut "Fabulous" 6x's...using the glitter paper...
 and ran each one through the Xyron 250 to apply adhesive to the back
I chose the words that I wanted to pair up with "fabulous...
Stamped them and matted them with the glitter paper.
I cut the Vellum into strips...then centered & positioned a "Fabulous" die cut on each strip.
I then assembled the card by placing the vellum strip  
with the die cut in position over the print..
wrapping it around the sides and using adhesive to secure it ON THE BACK
Next I positioned the matted print peace with the vellum onto the card front.
I also put a few tiny Bling Glue Dots behind a few of the thicker letters of the "Fabulous" die cut
By placing them strategically behind the thicker letters...
you can't see any adhesive through the vellum...
and yet..the vellum will lay nicely ...and flat...on the print...
as opposed to having a gap behind it...and popping up.
I then positioned the matted tiny words and used foam dimensionals 
to give them some lift and to add dimension to the card.

and...wha-la!
I did al of the above 6 x's...and in the end...I  had 6 "Fabulous" cards!
I LOVE that the beautiful print is visible through the vellum.
(Remember...this card "came to be" because I didn't want to hide the print behind anything...
so Vellum was the way to go...and works wonderfully , I think)

Here's a close up so that you can see the Vellum and the sparkle on the glittery "die cut "Fabulous"
I took this photo in bright light to get the sparkle to show nicely...
the flip side of that is....the print paper colors are looking washed out...(sorry)
This print is a very heavy print and has a shiny coating over it...AND it has some "built in" sparkle...(you can see it a bit in this mega -ized-close-up
But most of all....I LOVE that the beautiful print shows through the sheer LCI vellum. 


I have a sampler of this wonderful LCI Transparent Vellum paper in assorted colors
and am looking forward to creating a few more cards with a few different colors.
and I'll be sure to share them with you here.

Thanks for visiting today, my crafty and creative friends..
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Michelle.

3 comments:

  1. Turtle Therese Marquez
    Michelle love the vellum piece it lets the whole card show ! And that purple sentiment really pops! My happy Wednesday! 🎈🐢🎈

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful thank you so much I love that paper, do you remember where you got that?

    Thank you
    Terese

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Therese...this is from a Die Cuts With a View paper pad....I''m sorry, I don't know the name of the paper collector.

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!