Thursday, July 13, 2017

A Cuppa Cactus

Hello my crafty and creative friends...
I'm happy to share this happy little card with you today
created with CUPPA CACTUS...By Newton's Nook.
This card includes some stamping... and die cutting
as well as some stamping to create a background...
Some Copic coloring...
Ink brushing...using the scalloped die as a stencil 
to brush and blend 3 ink colors on the smaller scalloped die cut.
And...
for a pop of color....I used some really pretty LCI colored vellum for transparent layering.

I created a few cards with this Cuppa Cactus stamp seta few week ago...and liked it..a lot!
So..I decided to create a few more cards with it...with a different look.
This time, I created a background by stamping the images on white cards stock...
and an ink bended scalloped die cut.
I also used LCI Transparent Vellum as an overlay
and...as for larger matting scallop die cut layer.
I LOVE that this beautiful LCI Vellum is colored...
and  even with color...It's still transparent!
It gives this card a light...fun, airy and bright look.
and...
It allows the stamped background to be visible!


I slipped the corner of an envelope under the LCI Transparent vellum in this close up...
so that you cans the transparency.
This vellum is a great weight...
not flimsy at all...and not crisp...like some vellum can be.
I've had vellum crack, in the past...when folded or die cut..
This LCI 30 lb vellum is very pliable..flexible..and die cut beautifully.
It also cut nicely when cut with my Cutterpillar
(no rough edges...something else that I've experienced with other velum brands.

I just love this Newton's Nook stamp set...
and am happy that I combined the colored images with this colored vellum.
I've got other colors of this vellum...
and am looking forward to creating a more cards with a few different colors.

Thanks for stopping by today...
Have a great day!
Michelle.

4 comments:

  1. Turtle,Therese Marquez,
    This card just makes me feel all Prickly all over!
    Thanks! 🐢🎈🐢🌵🌵

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this fun stamp set and your card! Delightful! Pretty layering and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love vellum. This colored vellum is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute cards ...I don't use yellow enough!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!