Friday, July 28, 2017

A Beautiful Crate of Flowers

Hello my crafty and creative friends!

I'm excited to share some cards with you today...
Each created with the Petals & Pallets stamps & dies
by Concord & 9th.

I've created 6 cards....similar...but different.
In addition to the Concord and 9th stamps and dies...
I used Stampin Up's Thoughtful Banners stamp set for all of the chosen sentiments.
The Kraft colored card stock (tag and crate) are by LCI
and the print is from a large 12 x 12 paper pad
All of the images were stamped with an assortment of Altenew Crisp Ink
The wood grain was stamped with Stampin Up's Crumb Cake Ink.
I used LOTS off foam and smaller foam dimensions to position the crate and each flower...
as well as the hand cut sentiment tag.

I started out by stamping and die cutting all of the flowers.
 Next..I die cut 6 crates from the kraft colored card stock.
Then...I Used my MISTI to add the wood grain to each crate with the Crumb Cake ink.
I prepared the matted print layers...and set them aside.

I didn't want the crate to lie flat on the card front
(as I've seen on most cards created with this die)
so I opted to score each end of each slat on each crate...and fold it under
to give some dimension to the crate.
I positioned the crate on the card front with foam dimensionals.
This is what the scored crate looked like prior to being placed on the card fronts.
I used Scor Tape for a secure "stick"
I placed foam dimensionals at each corner...and at the bottom center....
and also at the center of the crate.


Once the crate was in position and secure on each card front
I began building the flower groupings...
placing each flower in position with fun foam and/or dimensionals.
I placed the leaves where I wanted them to be using ATG adhesive.
Then added the stamped sentiment tags to each card


Here are the individual photos...of each card..with the assortment of sentiments
Some of the flower groupings vary slightly..with regard to the colors..

I inked the edge of each tag...and finished the tags with a little bit of linen thread  

I don't make friendship cards often....
so this card was designated to be a much needed friendship card.

 I created 3 birthday cards..
I seem to need birthday cards most often

 This group of cards required lots of stamping and die cutting ...
and lots of time create...to their completion.
In the end...I didn't mind that they required a lot of my creative time
because they were worth it
and..
Because the set of 6 cards was so enjoyable to create.

Thanks for visiting today..
Wishing you a fantastic Friday!
Michelle.


4 comments:

  1. Michelle,the crated flowers 🌺 are so bright and cheery! What a refreshing look ! Happy Friday! 🎈🐢🎈

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the inspiration Michelle. Your cards are lovely

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!