Sunday, December 4, 2016

O' Tiny Tree

After taking a break from Christmas themed card making
with yesterday's "Totally Fabulous" card...
I decided to get back to Christmas.

A few weeks ago I picked  O' Tiny Tree stamp set (by Mama Elephant)  at a local shop
and thought that I should finally ink it up to make a card or two.

This stamp set has lots of great little (aka "tiny") stamps...
so the possibilities are many!

This is what I came up with.
 (Note: The sentiment is form another stamps...sorry...I can't recall which one)

I stamped the tree part of the image first....
then did the layering...
adding the pine needles and lights.
(It's a cinch to do the layering with this stamp set
because the pine needles are all on one stamp..
and the string of lights are all on another stamp.)
So to create this tree...you just need to stamp 3x's...
The star is a separate little stamp from the set that I stamped and cut by hand.
The lights, tree , wooden tree base and star were all colored with Stampin Up markers.
Background color was brushed on with Clarity Stencil brushes and ink pads.
I added some touches of Clear Wink of Stella here an there for a little bit of sparkle.


I chose red metallic card stock for the mini scalloped mat layer...
The print is from a past Stampin Up 4x6 print pad.


CAS (Clean And Simple) is my preferred style of card making...
and this card is all about CAS.
This was a fun and easy stamp set to use...
(Sometimes layered stamping can be tedious...but..not this time!)

By the way...
If you visit my blog often...
you're probably aware that I have been having camera (lighting/exposure) issues.
It's been difficult to take photos with authentic sharp colors.
Hopefully this will be resolved soon...
because I recently unearthed (aka unpacked) something that has been packed up for 4 years
since our hurricane construction days of 2012

I found my Nikon camera!!
(I felt like throwing myself a party!!)

So wish me luck!...
and here's to better photos in days to come!

Thanks for visiting!
Have a wonderful Sunday my crafty and creative friends...
I am off to spend the day in my studio!
What do YOU have up your crafty sleeve today?
Michelle.



2 comments:

  1. Love the card and that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks El! This was a fun stamp set to use!...The layered stamping is so easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!