Saturday, December 24, 2016

Merry Christmas in Silver and Gold ~ A Shimmering Crafter's Companion Inspiration Design Team Project

 Merry Christmas Eve to my crafty and creative friends 
who celebrate Christmas!

I've got a very special die cut Christmas card to share with you today....
as my last Inspiration Design Team Project of the year
and I think that you're going to love it!

I cut and score a base card, using Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Card Stock.
Then...
I used the GEMINI Die Cutting and Embossing Machine for all of the die cutting.
I used Gold and Silver Luxury Mirror card(stock) to create this card.
I used an oval  metal die to  cut an window in the topmost silver mirror card stock layer
The bottommost mat layer was cut and created with gold mirror card stock.
The middle layer is silver and was cut an 1/8 of an inch smaller than the gold layer...
so that some gold wold show all around the edge.
Next, I die cut the Merry Christmas piece..
and some silver and gold snowflakes in 2 different sizes.
I put all of the elements together to create the card.
The final touches were the snowflakes...
some of which I chose to layer.

The shimmer on the gold and silver Mirror Card Stock is gorgeous....
and they are the perfect complements to one  another.
I LOVE the page, one-piece "Merry Christmas"
The font style...snowflakes and swirls make it extra beautiful.


Here's a close-up of the snowflakes...and the layering of the larger one.
Gold and silver, used together, are so pretty, I think.


I've made lots of Holiday and Christmas cards during the last 5 or 6 weeks...
Some have been straight up stamped...
Some have been water colored...
Some have been alcohol marker colored...
or pencil colored
and a few have been die cut.
 and while I have been happy with all of the cards that I've created
as my Crafter's Companion Design Team Projects
It looks like subconsciously, I may have left my potential favorite for last...
for today...
This beautiful silver and gold Merry Christmas card!

Wishing you a beautiful Christmas...
a Happy Hanukkah
and a Holiday Season that fills your heart with joy.

Thanks for visiting today, my crafty and creative friends...
Michelle.

Supplies:
Generic Metal Oval Die


Misc: Gemini Die Cutting and Embossing Machine , trimmer, assorted adhesives



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!