Sunday, December 11, 2016

A Santa....with Lots of Dimension!

I am winding down now on Christmas and Holiday card making.
But...
before I retired all of my wonderful holiday stamps and dies...
(Many of which I didn't even get to try this year)
I wanted to make just one card with 
Hero Arts- Paper layering SANTA FACE with Frame Die set

I didn't feel like dragging out all sorts of supplies
So I used what was right at my fingertips ...on the studio worktable
Some red, bronze and pale gold metallic card stock...
Crafter's Companion Snow Flurry Embossing Folder
and a Merry Christmas die with shadow...from Top Dog Dies..
(Top Dog was fave die company of mine for a long long time...
Sadly..they have gone out of business)

I also needed an embossing stylus and a foam molding mat
to create the dimensional pop up look on  Santa's hat...beard
eyebrows and mustache.


 NOTE: I have been having lighting challenges lately when I take photos of my cards...
and so I'm having a problem getting card stock and ink colors to look authentic to what they truly are.
This card was created with a beautiful deep red...a gold....and a gorgeous bronze metallic card stock.
(Makes me sad that you aren't allowed the opportunity to appreciate how beautiful the metallics are)

Well...lets get back to the card...
and this fun die!

For the dimensional look...
the embossing stylus was rolled around on the back of the die cut...
on areas that I wanted to "pop"
By working on the reverse side...and pressing down and rolling the stylus...
the "right" side will have the "pop" and dimension.

You can see all of the dimension, here in this photo.
The die set also comes with a "frame" die...that can be cut and placed behind Santa...
kind of like a shadow
that can be placed behind the Santa die cut.
(I chose not to use the frame/shadow)


Isn't this Santa great!
Creating this card was a fun and nice way to wind down 
on my Christmas and Holiday card making...
I do have one more purrrrrrrfect Christmas card that I'll share in a day or two...
and then....on to something other than Christmas
(no promises, of course, that you won't see another Christmas card.....but that's my intention)

Thanks for visiting today,  my crafty and creative friends...

We put our tree up today...
and so,  am off now...to relax...and enjoy our tall skinny "pencil" Christmas tree
(It's a BIG change from the gigantic massive tree of past years...but I LOVE it!)
There's such a warm cozy feeling in the house when the tree is lit...
At  hour house..the tree is lit up from morning...until we go to bed at night.
Just as I like it to be!

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!