Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Lovin' Spectrum Noir Aqua Blend Pencils

I've been spending lots of time in my studio
and
Lots of time coloring with Spectrum Noir Aqua Blend Pencils

Today...
I chose this image for a reason.. 
All of the different images within the image are small.
and...
I wanted to see how the Aqua Bend pencils worked with small images.

The image is Penny Black's Cheery Chirps.
I used Papertrey Ink Rustic Card Stock as opposed to water color card stock..
only because I knew that I wouldn't be misting the card stock before or during coloring
I stamped the image with Ranger Archival Black Ink.
I got out the Aqua Blend pencils...
some very small paintbrushes...
(emphasis on VERY SMALL)
and....my little collapsible water receptacle...
Then...
I  got busy water coloring.
Coloring each little part of the image with the pencils...
and then blending with a wet paint brush
When I wanted to make an already blended image more dense with color..
I simply pulled the color fro the pencil tip....with a wet paint brush
and applied it to the place where i wanted to darken the color.

And....
this is what I camp with...


Using a very small paintbrush was key in coloring this image
All of the elements...birds..flowers...leaves...packages...etc... are small....
A small brush allowed me to apply water via the paint brush with ease and precision.\
I was happy to be able to do some color blending
even on these small image elements.
If I had to choose a favorite ...
I'd choose the red breasted birds...
because I like the color blending of blue on each bird....
and the contrast of color with that little bit of red. 
I have to add...
I always say the same thing whenever I used LCI Metallic card stock...
This being: I wish that it showed up better in the photos!
It really is gorgeous.


I've enjoyed coloring with the Aqua Blend pencils these last few days...
While I've had water color pencils for many years...
Aqua Blends are new to me...
and I Ike them...
a lot!
This makes me a happy card making girl...
because anything that allows me to water color...
is a good thing in my book!



Card loving friends...this card is now available for sale at The Bellisima Card Shop

Card making friends...no supply list today....everything needed/used to create this card is noted above...in the blogpost.

Thanks for visiting...
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!