Monday, May 9, 2016

Commence with Commencement

I'm still in the graduation mode when it comes to card making.

I really enjoyed creating the graduation cards that I shared here on the blog yesterday...
and thought I'd create a few more today.

I have a Darice Graduation die set that hadn't been used yet...
so I decided to focus on using the dies(s) in the set
for a new graduation card design.

The dies in this set are large...
so it was an either/or kind of thing.

I knew that I definitely wanted to use the word die...
and then had to choose only one of the other dies...
(2 would never fit on an A2 card front along with the "congrats" die cut)
so...
I decided to use the graduation cap

I also decided to use LCI Metallic card stock
(gold and black)
The shimmer on this card stock never shows up in my blog pics...
but believe me...it's got a fantastic glistening shimmer...
I used the same Darice embossing folder that I used on yesterday's graduation cards...
The graduation caps of all sizes make this embossing folder perfect for this card.



I also decided to use the negative space from the word die cut...
The card base is black..
so I lined the right-side-inside of the card with white card stock
so that it will be easier to write...and read something that will be written inside of the card.




I also created this card...
same dies...card stock etc...
just a slight variation when compared to the first card above.



This card...
like the first one above...
is very CAS
and I felt that using only 2 colors was the way to go.
IN the end...I was happy with my decision regarding the 2 colors.
I should add...
I rarely (aka NEVER) use the negative space from die cuts...
but this time...
I knew immediately that I'd be using the negative space on this card.
(I surprised myself with this idea)


For my card making friends...
product info as been included in the blog post above..
so I won't post a supply list below.

Card loving friends...all of today's graduation cards...as well as the cards posted here yesterday, are available for purchase at The Bellissima Card Shop .

Thanks for visiting!
Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!