Monday, March 14, 2016

Bunnies in the Garden and Happy Easter Wishes

Easter has kind of snuck up on me...
I've been so busy creating cards for special orders...and keeping  The Bellissima Card Shop  stocked.....I did't realize that Easter is just around the corner
 I thought that I better get busy creating "something" for Easter...
and so...thus is what I got busy creating!

Simply said....
 This was a fun card to create.

I knew before I began making this card that I wanted to use one color...
and white
That's all.

Before I began die cutting and creating this card...I already knew which color I wanted to use...
And this lavender tone was my choice
This dark lavender color seems like a beautiful contrast against the white
and also seemed perfect for a Springtime card

I also knew that this card needed to have dimension
Without it.....all of the intricacies of the die would be lost.
A hefty weighted card stock was also a necessity

I really enjoyed using an assortment of great dies to create a few of this crisp, simple..
yet very detailed card 
and I'm looking  forward to creating a few more for The Bellissima Card Shop 
when I spend time in my studio this week.
But this time...I want to use my luscious LCI PAPER (.com) Metallic Card Stock
where I used the lavender...on this card


There's lots to look and like about this card
The scroll-like decorative touch at the top
The pierced frame
The die cut bunny garden scene
The 2 sweet bunnies holding up the "Happy" banner
The contrast of the script "Easter" in white and matted on the lavender background
and
dimension.
Lots of dimension!
 I love the tree with is curved branches and an abundance of small leaves


...and here's a side view...
mounting this "scene" on foam mounting take creates lots of dimension
and creates shadows that enhance this detailed garden scene and give it depth




Card loving friends: This sweet Easter card is available for purchase, either shipped...or for local pick up...

Card making friends: Supply list is posted below (basics like trimmer..adhesives etc are not listed 

Thanks for stopping by...
Michelle

Supply List:
Dies: Richard Garay Spellbinders/Celebrations Pierced Squares
Poppystamps Dies: Claudette Frame
Top Dog Dies: Happy Birthday Banner 
Top Dog Dies: Easter
Impression Obsession: Bunnies DIE269-N
Impression Obsession: Garden Scene DIE264-ZZ



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!