Monday, February 19, 2018

Back in the Studio!

Hello my crafty and creative friends!
I've missed all of you these last 2 months!

My last blog post was right before Christmas...
and since then...I have had the flu twice and have spent the remainder of my time 
purging...tidying and reorganizing my studio.

With my studio FINALLY being back in order this week
I was looking forward to getting back to creating!

As it turned out..
I got the studio back in order just in time..
because yesterday I was asked to create a few dozen basic book marks.

I had to get the book marks done relatively quickly.
I chose the stamps that I wanted to use..
Got out some ink...card stock...ribbon...twine...
markers... pencils...and metallic card stock for matting.

And this is what I came up with
(WARNING: The photos are just so-so.....sorry about the bad lighting)
Actually...
After not sharing something ...anything...here at my blog for 2 months...
I must be "rusty" 
because I forgot to take the photos before I placed each book mark 
into it's cellophane sleeve.
So...in addition to poor lighting...
we have photo-glare...from the cellophane sleeves!

Anyway...here we go...
The book marks in the first three photos were created
with Gina K's MY ANCHOR stamp set
This stamp set has lots of really great images an sentiments.

The anchor image has lots of nice detail...
and a beautiful sentiment to match

I love this little scene...
I added some color with Copic markers


I paired an IO quote stamp with the Gina K lighthouse.
I added some color highlights with Copic markers to the lighthouse


This book mark was created with a Dina Wakley stamp set...by Ranger


The next two photos show book marks crated with stamps 
from 2 different Carabelle Studio stamp sets.
Copic markers were used to color the images.
Both were fun...whimsical images to create with and color.

This is the 2nd stamped and colored Carabelle Studio image


For the next book marks...
I dug out a Tim Holtz stamp set that I have had for approximately 10 years...
(maybe more!)

I like the quote that is part of this stamp set
Here's a close up..

The book marks in the following photos 
were created before the holidays with an assortment of stamps
Some were created with in only...
some are Copic colored...
and the flowered set of 5 book marks were colored with water color pencils.






I enjoyed getting back to creating with this book mark project...
and am now ready to dive back into my much loved card making!
YAY!!
I've missed card making...
a lot!

Tomorrow I'll deliver the book marks to the shop that requested them...
along with 3 dozen cards!

And hopefully...tomorrow evening...
I'll be back in my studio...
making cards!

Thanks for visiting today!
Wishing you a wonderful day!
Michelle.

13 comments:

  1. Those are awesome. I love the stamps you chose, They are so "neat and clean" I haven't made a bookmark since I retired. I used to make them for my students birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are AWESOME. I make bookmarkers for my daughter's 90 Language arts (6th grade)students. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Joan
      Book marks are always a fun and fast little project!
      and how nice that you make them for your daughter's students!
      Lucky daughter...lucky students! ;)

      Delete
  3. I have missed seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! Thanks for sharing! Where do you get the cellophane sleeves the size for the bookmarks, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary!
      The Paperrmart web site usually has the cellophane sleeves

      Delete
    2. I think I found them. Is is the 2 1/2 x 8 inch ones?

      Delete
    3. Mary...I'm not sure....so sorry...I don't have one handy...BUT, I think that my sleeves are a bit longer than 8 inches...

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment!